• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

3 free movie downloads until 2013

That was nice of them. Hopefully it will help them see how ready they are for a burst of orders/downloads.

Not sure how many folks got the "gift," but nice of K to send it.

Fun Christmas this year, one of the gifts is Sony's new 84" 4K Panel (ordered, not delivered), now I need another K Player! (I wonder how much storage we would need for 4K content if it were uncompressed?:eek:)

Jim

Now all we need is content. Sony is providing a hard drive box with some 4K content they say will be "updated" with additional 4K movies going forward, but this may end up being an 84" 4K gaming machine if the new PS4?? handles 4K as some think it will. We'll see.

Jim

Hi, my name is Peter and I live in an unsupported territory.

I can't access the store and now I'm missing out on the "free movies".

Feels like the grinch just stole Christmas.......at least for those of us in the unsupported territories.

Peter,

At this point, the Kaleidescape Store is only available in the United States. We look forward to expanding the supported territories, and certainly have a strong interest in expanding to include Canada. I know you've already been patiently awaiting a way to purchase content for download to your Kaleidescape System in high quality. The US launch with Warner Bros. content is an important milestone.

Best regards,
Tom Barnett
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Thanks Tom.:)

Jim

Peter,

At this point, the Kaleidescape Store is only available in the United States. We look forward to expanding the supported territories, and certainly have a strong interest in expanding to include Canada. I know you've already been patiently awaiting a way to purchase content for download to your Kaleidescape System in high quality. The US launch with Warner Bros. content is an important milestone.

Best regards,
Tom Barnett
Kaleidescape, Inc.

I know you are between a rock and a hard place with respect to the 'unsupported territories' Tom. By the way, as one who has to eat sleep and live here you might think of a better term to use on the page that says 'sorry you live in an unsupported territory'. Let's call it.......how about.......ok I got it......

WoW you live in the 'new frontier' a territory that we have targeted for very special treatment for those existing loyal customers who have been waiting to break new ground with their Kaleidescape systems. Soon the folks in the US will envy your access to all these new opportunities to enjoy their systems with newer fresher material available only in the "new frontier'.

Its like buying a Bentley and being told after the fact that it can not be driven faster than 30 miles an hour.....

Most of that Tom, is in jest, not all mind you but most of it. I realize there is a process to enlarge the benefits of the store to the unsupported territories. But for those of us living here feeling like second class citizens you might figure a way to at least make us feel like we are still welcome on the inside of the tent.

Oh and Merry Christmas Tom. We are about to experience our first real snowstorm of this winter. Time to go out and really test the new winter tires! ! !

Peter

i didn't get the email w/ the free movies?

The email was only sent to very special people...:D. Seriously, I know of many others that did not receive it as well, not sure if that was intentional, but it makes sense to send to only those currently registered with the "Store" given the expiration date. If you are already participating in the store, perhaps you can check with your dealer, or K directly. Perhaps K may offer this to others at some future point.

Jim

I got the email as well, bought the original "Hobbit" movie so far! I'm very impressed with the speed of downloads! I have very unique internet connection and i am receiving a full 100 Mbps download speed on each movie (they appear to cap the speed at 100 Mbps).

Can't wait for HD content!

Last edited:
..........I have very unique internet connection and i am receiving a full 100 Mbps download speed on each movie.

Can't wait for HD content!

You guys are killing me.....I'm lucky to get 14 Mbps!!:(

Jim

I would trade for some of that warm weather over there!

It doesn't seem to matter where I'm living, the best download speed available to date has been the quoted "up to 18 Mbps" I'm currently getting in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. I get less at my CA, IN, and HI homes (Hawaii is only 5 Mbps!!).

Right now I'm chasing the cold weather, we came to our Indiana house to get the kids to see snow for Christmas (and to say thanks to some ND players for a fun year!).

Jim

Very nice of K to do this. I received the email and promply downloaded my three movie credits. However, not 7 minutes after receiving the first email, I received a second offering four movie credit! However, when I went to the store there were only the orginal three.

The only difference in the email was the larger credit letter was this:

Account creation is easy. Using a computer or iPad on the same network as your Kaleidescape System:
Go to the browser interface of your Kaleidescape System.
How to access the browser interface.
The software version number is in the upper right hand corner of the page. Ensure that it is 5.0 or higher. If not, force a software update for your Kaleidescape System.
Once your system is running kOS 5.0, click the SETTINGS tab of the browser interface and click "Register System."
Follow the instructions to create your account, and select any four movies you like as free downloads to your Kaleidescape System. This free-movie offer expires December 31, 2012.
You can repeat this process for up to five (5) Kaleidescape Systems, and download the titles you purchase to any or all of them at no additional cost.

Please note:
Access to extras, bonus content and special features is not supported at this time, but will be introduced in Q1 2013. There will be no need to re-download a title to access the extras.
This free-movie offer expires December 31, 2012.

I think it was a mistake, since I was already registered.

Thanks K (think HD!)

Back