• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Will Cinema One owners be able to use the expandable storage?

Ryan

I see the Alto is getting external storage support. Will this extend to us early adopters/Cinema One owners?

I believe the Alto external storage support is limited to the 3 additional Alto's you are able to add to the system. I had a Cinema One (2nd Gen) as well and did the trade in to a 1U server because of the limited storage capability and ultimate unlimited upgrade capabilities of the Premiere system. I would connect with one of the authorized Dealers on the forum to check out your options. I now have 4 1U servers and are loving them.

There is an external storage device in development for the Alto. It was planned to be released by end of 2Q this year but has been pushed back a bit. No update on release date, and no additional info on what other Server's will be supported. It seems logical other C1's would be able to use it, but that has not been confirmed.

Jim

Back