• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Why does so much UHD/HDR content not have Atmos or DTS:X

bdgarcia

All,

I love the growth of UHD / HDR content only have 5.1 content? It is especially confusing why the HD content has Dolby Atmos. Also, if I purchase the UHD disk it has Dolby Atmos. I would like to understand what Kaleidescape is doing to address in the deficiency in their content. I really like the Kscape system, but I really find it frustrating to have a premium solution, but the content is sub standard in the audio delivered.

Can someone from KScape explain what is being done to remedy this?

Thx
Bryan

All,

I love the growth of UHD / HDR content only have 5.1 content? It is especially confusing why the HD content has Dolby Atmos. Also, if I purchase the UHD disk it has Dolby Atmos. I would like to understand what Kaleidescape is doing to address in the deficiency in their content. I really like the Kscape system, but I really find it frustrating to have a premium solution, but the content is sub standard in the audio delivered.

Can someone from KScape explain what is being done to remedy this?

Thx
Bryan

We have heard why this happens but no specifics on the remedy and when it will be in place.

That is an issue. I think, at least for me, the whole early release is useless if I don't get the same immersive audio as in disks. What is the point? I am not going to see a movie with regular surround and then again with immersive.

I understand this is due to how studios do it. But when I get a disk I am assured I will get immersive audio immediately. What I would like to know is what is K doing to get to a similar stand? Or at least that this is never going to be possible. I am sure many would like to know if this is even possible or not.

That is an issue. I think, at least for me, the whole early release is useless if I don't get the same immersive audio as in disks. What is the point? I am not going to see a movie with regular surround and then again with immersive.

I understand this is due to how studios do it. But when I get a disk I am assured I will get immersive audio immediately. What I would like to know is what is K doing to get to a similar stand? Or at least that this is never going to be possible. I am sure many would like to know if this is even possible or not.

But I have just the opposite view - give me the 4K video as soon as possible. I have a processor that does a great job of upmixing Dolby Atmos. If there are people like me out there, why would you ask K to withhold this from us?

But my first preference is to have 4K titles with the most advanced soundtrack on the release date.

John

But I have just the opposite view - give me the 4K video as soon as possible. I have a processor that does a great job of upmixing Dolby Atmos. If there are people like me out there, why would you ask K to withhold this from us?

But my first preference is to have 4K titles with the most advanced soundtrack on the release date.

John

I have a good processor that does it as well, but would prefer to have the native immersive audio. I am not saying K should hold back, but for me it is useless to have early release without full immersive audio.

This has probably been the #1 annoyance for all us K users. We're all super supportive of our beloved Encore systems, BUT the studios are really annoying me with their bizarre licensing issues. I know that Kaleidescape is trying their absolute hardest to strike deals with the studios, which seem to me to be a total win-win since they get full retail and no manufacturing costs, yet the studios have been fighting Kscape from day one. It's a miracle we've come this far, so we should definitely give K credit where credit's due. I've talked to some of the fine folks over there about this, and I know they're fighting the good fight for us. Still frustrating though. When the disc costs X amount and the K store copy costs the exact same (sometimes more), I want the full treatment the disc offers. I'm actually ok with paying a premium to get it from the K store, but then I better be getting everything and not a crippled version. Things are DEFINITELY getting better day by day, though.

I have a good processor that does it as well, but would prefer to have the native immersive audio. I am not saying K should hold back, but for me it is useless to have early release without full immersive audio.

But why should either side have to "suffer"? When a shiny disc is released in UHD, we get the audio that was intended to be there. But in the world of Kaleidescape, if I'm a 4K fan, why should I get the movie now, WITHOUT the proper audio, and then be required get the audio upgrade, and watch it again? If I'm an immersive audio fan (my preference) why should it be necessary for me to purchase the 1080P version (or buy the shiny disc) to get the desired audio.

While I most certainly do recognize that this is not necessarily the fault of K, this should not be an "either/or" proposition for a product that market's itself as the "premier" A/V solution, and for which we pay a bunch even to be able to play in their sandbox.

Back