• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Why are some disc to Digital HD $13.99?

Noah Winter

I have been able to use the $1.99 Disc to Digital opportunity on about 98% of the movies I own that are in the store, which is way above my expectations. However, the following titles I own and have been recognized for the Disc to Digital opportunity are listed as costing $13.99 for the HD, the same as the UHD:
Drive,
The Amazing Spiderman
Looper

Any idea what makes these movies more expensive?

Thanks,

I have been able to use the $1.99 Disc to Digital opportunity on about 98% of the movies I own that are in the store, which is way above my expectations. However, the following titles I own and have been recognized for the Disc to Digital opportunity are listed as costing $13.99 for the HD, the same as the UHD:
Drive,
The Amazing Spiderman
Looper

Thanks,

There are always going to be some titles where an agreement hasn't yet been signed. Either wait to see if they get the rights to offer a digital upgrade at a lower cost or purchase now if you can't wait.

Drive,
The Amazing Spiderman
Looper

Thanks,

For "Drive", my history says I did do a $1.99 disc-to-digital upgrade to HD back in 2014. For "Looper", they finally offered a disc-to-digital upgrade for going to UHD. I am not sure of the history on "The Amazing Spider-Man" as I had uv rights and could download for free.

John

Drive claims to not be currently available for D2D.

On the other two, are you sure that is the HD-upgrade price? I find it rather annoying that the store only ever shows the latest/highest version available (with only a minor workaround on the tile screen,) which makes it much harder to clarify editions, features, audio options, and prices (particularly on those with UHD versions) are available.

My recollection is also that there were going to be points & titles where the UHD would be the only way to get the HD copy (or they would be the same price, so you might as well.) It could be these titles are falling in that group right now.

Drive does not appear to be available for Disc to Digital anymore, that was either a cut and paste error on my spreadsheet or as JohnJ indicates above it once was available. As for the Amazing Spiderman and Looper, Blu-ray does cost the same as UHD at $13.99. So my take away is it is that way on purpose and that Disc to Digital is usually $1.99 from BD to HD but not always. I thought it might be an error since after 400+ downloads I have only seen it in just these few cases but that appears to not be the case. Not a problem, I'm still at a 98% conversion rate on my KStore available BDs and UVs to Digital download at $1.99 so that is great.

Oh no Naylorman32, my comments have lead you astray. What I meant to communicate was that of all the Discs that the Kstore offered Disc to Digital, 98% worked. The other 2% either cost $13.99 or didn't work, presumably a different version of the disc offering UV (?).

About 70% of my total discs are either flat out not in the store or do not have Disc to Digital at this time. With 3 boys there is a lot of Anime. Plus a lot of Criterions. So I am hoping for some Disc Vaults in the future.

K does a great job on recognizing Anime by the way and have kept my collection clean. We just loaded "Claymore" on Blu-ray today in the Vault and it has the episodes broken out. We can't wait to watch "Theresa of the faint smile" tonight.

Back