• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Where to Enter Barcode

seaninde

Where do you enter the Barcode. I looked under movie details and there is no place to enter one.
I must be missing something.
Thanks!

Using the web browser, it's normally accessible within the "Edit Movie Details" option. This option appears under the cover art pic. I just tested it on both my Premiere system and Terra/Strato. The option works with the Premiere side (i.e. I see the barcode option), but selecting the "Edit Movie Details" option when in the Terra system does nothing. Not sure why, but I suspect we don't have the ability to edit movie details, or change the barcode, because it isn't necessary (or possible) with content downloaded from the Store, and if that's true, not sure why the option is even presented on the page.

Jim

Oh, I think I see why I don't see it. It only shows the Barcode choice if no information came down from the Movie Guide. But if any information at all came down the barcode option does not show.
I have 2 seasons of Hell on Wheels that did not index episodes. What's weird is it is a boxed set, and the other seasons indexed the episodes.
Not sure if it matters but also noticed the Region is marked as Unknown. Is that normal?

Sean

1703009070139.png

This one had no movie info and had barcode choice.
1703009188745.png

Hey Sean,

A title that is not recognized at all (and a barcode is requested) does not exist anywhere in the Movie Guide and is considered a "miss". What you are seeing is a step beyond that, and its known as a "partial hit". This means its part of the database, but as you've noticed, only some of its information was added.

With only a barcode, K is only able to add information from what can be found w/o the disc/jacket. I'd send an email to the Movie Guide team and see what it will take to switch the title to a "hit". Most likely, you'll need to send them the disc for full recognition (including bookmarking).

Good luck,
Andy

Hey Sean,

A title that is not recognized at all (and a barcode is requested) does not exist anywhere in the Movie Guide and is considered a "miss". What you are seeing is a step beyond that, and its known as a "partial hit". This means its part of the database, but as you've noticed, only some of its information was added.

With only a barcode, K is only able to add information from what can be found w/o the disc/jacket. I'd send an email to the Movie Guide team and see what it will take to switch the title to a "hit". Most likely, you'll need to send them the disc for full recognition (including bookmarking).

Good luck,
Andy
I contacted K and they have the Hell on Wheels copies and are fixing the 2 Seasons that are missing bookmarks.
Now I understand how the Movie Guide download works.
Thanks!

And keep in mind that the processing of a title is triggered by ANYONE entering the barcode... it doesn't necessarily have to be you. Assuming they have the EXACT same disc and enter the barcode, the title gets added to the "miss report" which is processed on regular intervals. Once the information is added to the Movie Guide, anyone with the same exact disc will get whatever information was added (typically w/o the disc/jacket), even if limited. The thought is that some information is better than no information 😀

Happy holidays!
Andy

Back