• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Where did digital offers go?

Kevin D

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Posted from the firmware thread.

Not a normal firmware improvement. Just noticed my 2nd gen Cinema 1's no longer have the digital offers tab for any movies.

This was a very used option with my 2 C1's. Pretty much since they were bastard children and limited to two units paired, any time I scored a boat load of DVD's (local salvage place gets in old Blockbuster Online discs for $0.25-$1 a disc), I go through collections/HD and pick what store movies I no longer need in HD.

It was very easy to select movie, digital offers, download DVD, more, delete movie. Now it's going to take a lot of store clicking.

If this is a move to a consolidation of premier/C1's in prep for single system Encore, I'm all for it. If this may finally do away with the bastard status and let me add a 1U for more storage I'm all for it.

Otherwise, I'm a little peeved it's gone. Did the encore line have this option and is it still there?

Kevin D.

Digital Offers are still available on my Premiere and Encore systems, but I don't have a 120 (not that there should be a difference), so I'm looking into the change you mentioned. If I get an explanation, I'll post it here.

Jim

My Premiere still shows digital offers, but the Strato does not have them.

This is the 2nd gen C1. So not quite premier, not quite encore.

Kevin

My 3U just upgraded to the latest firmware and the "digital offers" are different. Based on previous posts, I am assuming that this is an intentional change but I could be wrong on this.

I have analyzed the differences and it turns out I still have "digital offers" on all of the titles that I have imported from disc (both DVD and BR). However, anything I have downloaded from the store no longer has this option.

This is an inconvenience for me because I do the following:

1) When I am running low on space, I will pick my least favorite titles to convert from HD to SD. I put these titles in a "Maintenance" collection. I then go into each movie and download the SD version from the "digital offers" tab.

2) When I then add more memory, I do the exact opposite and go from SD to HD titles.

3) I also use the "digital offers" tab to check to see whether I have downloaded the HD version, the SD version or both versions (and whether both versions are available).

I would really like to have this capability.

John

You are correct. That is the change I am seeing. I didn't notice it before as Digital Offers is now almost the last thing on the list.

Like you, digital offers was mainly used for space management. The way it's setup now is exactly opposite of how I use it.

If I'm looking to convert DVD titles to BR quality, I go to the store. Much easier to see what titles are available and the cost at one spot.

If I'm looking to convert one BR quality to DVD quality to free up space, much easier to go to collections on the unit and start download/delete BR on the unit.

I went through the process to load more DVDs after my post and it really is a pain in the ass now.

1: see I need more space
2: log into store
3: go to my library
4: select not downloaded to...

oh wait. That's just going to show me the ones I've all ready deleted and moved to DVD quality.

5: select Kscape on tv.
6: go to collections-HD
7: scroll to find least favorite BR quality (thanks JohnJ for the elegant way of saying that)
8: go back to web browser
9: select that movie on my library
10 select download.
11: select my system, even though it all ready shows its downloaded
12: click 'change'
13: discover there is no DVD version.

14: go back to on screen on the TV
15: select next least favorite BR.
16: repeat 8-12, hope there's DVD available
17: select DVD, un-select BR
18: select download

19: go back to on screen menu.
20: select movie in question
21: go down to more options.
22: select delete movie.

Before it was:

1: go to onscreen collections/HD
2: select least favorite movie
3: select digital offers.
4: if no digital offers, select next least favorite movie
5: select download DVD quality
6: go down select more options.
7: select delete movie.

Kevin D.

Hi guys,

Yes, this was a deliberate change -- we really intended Digital Offers to be used for conversion of disc content to Movie Store content, not for the type of storage management that you're describing. For example, we thought it was confusing to have a "Digital Offers" menu appearing for a movie where you had already downloaded the best version of the movie available.

We have some thoughts on how to fix this, so please stay tuned.

Back