• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What's going on with The Incredible Hulk?

dla26

A new alert in my Digital Offers popped up offering me the opportunity to buy the 4K HDR version of TIH for the low, low price of $21.67, when I already own it. I assumed this might be a Director's Cut with some additional scenes or something, but the length is exactly the same. (Speaking of which, I really wish Kscape would standardize its approach to extended editions. Sometimes it's automatically included. Sometimes it's a marginal price increase. Sometimes you have to buy the movie all over again. I realize it's up to the studios, but I think Kscape could probably issue some kind of guidance about how it should be handled.)

So anyway, other than the new cover art, is there anything different here?

1709659746084.png

This is a case where the movie was previously licensed by a different studio (NBC Universal) and is now licensed by Disney. As far as I know, nothing is different otherwise.

[Edit to add: It may be that there's a difference in audio tracks. Somebody on another thread mentioned that the new version has an Atmos audio track that the NBCU version did not have.]

This is a case where the movie was previously licensed by a different studio (NBC Universal) and is now licensed by Disney. As far as I know, nothing is different otherwise.

[Edit to add: It may be that there's a difference in audio tracks. Somebody on another thread mentioned that the new version has an Atmos audio track that the NBCU version did not have.]
Mike - yes both UHD/HDR versions now have Atmos soundtracks. I think this might be a new encode as well - looks way better than the previous version I had.

Since it is different enough to require re-purchase, is it different enough to live side-by-side on the server or will the old copy be replaced?

Back