• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What happens when a film becomes available and it was already catalogued?

Sonicom

For those that use Disc-to-Digital...when a film becomes available that you already own physically, where does the offer show up? How are you alerted that the film is available in the Movie Store? Is it under Movie Updates or Digital Offers? Or both? Will you receive an email?

Thank you in advance,
Michael

The web store has a notification that pops on the bottom when you have new offers when you go to digital offers. You don’t get notifications anywhere else.

I remember most of my digital offers and I can quickly recognize when a new offer is added on the app version of the store.

Just check your offers every week. By default newest offers are the first titles in the list.

The web store has a notification that pops on the bottom when you have new offers when you go to digital offers. You don’t get notifications anywhere else.

I remember most of my digital offers and I can quickly recognize when a new offer is added on the app version of the store.

Just check your offers every week. By default newest offers are the first titles in the list.
Thank you. I have a lot of catalogued content that I have never seen pop up in the store yet. I will keep my eyes peeled.

If you use your computer browser to check the store, a notification will pop at the bottom of the screen whenever something new is added to your list.

If you use your computer browser to check the store, a notification will pop at the bottom of the screen whenever something new is added to your list.
I am on the website every day. I have dozens of films that are not in the store...and maybe will never be. We shall see.

By the way, Cataloged movies now show up in the Posters menu and the List menu. Did not know that was added.
You can delete these to avoid confusion. If/when they become available and you purchase them, they will reappear back in your menu. Deleting them does not remove them from your cataloged D2D movies. You can still see them on your my-kaleidescape.local page.

You can delete these to avoid confusion. If/when they become available and you purchase them, they will reappear back in your menu. Deleting them does not remove them from your cataloged D2D movies. You can still see them on your my-kaleidescape.local page.
I like that they are visible but would like an option to only have them displayed when I want them there. But for now, I will leave it as is.

EDIT: I believe they are showing up because I have the external drive attached to the K-Player.

Cataloged DVD will show up on your Strato OSD. Cataloged Blu-ray will not. This is an artifact of the Strato’s ability to actually play DVDs that are in a connected Disc Vault. I consider it a bug in this scenario, and one that I hope we’ll be able to fix in a future release.

Back