• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What do you want K to focus on for development.

What do you want K to focus on for development.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yetis

Lets try this again.

Hi,

Drawing from all the discussions of late about future development at K, it would be interesting to get a consensus view on what people want. So I put together a poll. Note that there doesn't appear to be a way to rank your votes, so only vote for the ones you are really passionate about.

All the above features would be gratefully received..I just voted for my top two.

All the above features would be gratefully received..I just voted for my top two.

I agree but I had to choose three. Studio is top with 4K and download to mobile device but again all of the choices would be welcome......

Peter

ps.....great idea for the poll!!!!!

I'd like to see: 3D, UHD (4K, but okay later in the year), more studio's, especially Disney. I'll even accept a larger Player cabinet to get that support (and might as well throw in HD Audio decoding (DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD) for the guys that need it.)

Jim

Looking good and pretty interesting, beyond the studio additions. Would like a larger sample size.

Who was the one person not voting for studios? ;) Though I really only see them as a way to go disc-free, and return to the good-old-days of only needing to worry about HDD space.

Top choice missing: increased bookmarking/metadata library. With my blurays leaping over the historical 10% level, it would be swell for them to toss some resources into the loan program. I would argue it could even be used to help persuade studios to not just have numbers of people willing to make generic purchases, but those who have shown a willingness to purchase their properties.

I voted for my top 3 based on "if it were available tomorrow I would use it".

John

I wish the poll included "UI Improvements for TV Series" (as being discussed here).

I'd be happy to add that item to the poll (with OP Yetis' permission) though I realize if you're a statistician, the results would be tainted since the poll has already been running and received votes.

I don't mind, but on one condition. That you use your web master abilities to send an email to the 1700 + registered members, encouraging them to vote. If 10,000 is the supposed size of K's existing customer base, even just 100 votes would be statistically meaningful, even with a late minute entry.

I don't mind, but on one condition. That you use your web master abilities to send an email to the 1700 + registered members, encouraging them to vote. If 10,000 is the supposed size of K's existing customer base, even just 100 votes would be statistically meaningful, even with a late minute entry.

Reasonable request, but will have to decline. I've only emailed the entire userbase a couple of times and I've gotten a couple of negative comments about it. So I just make it a practice not to lobby or mass-email people, even for things I think we'd all be interested in.

I have got to say, I am disappointed by the lack of desire for a high end audio option. As a Meridian -Sooloos user, I would love an all in one solution. Recent Meridian allowed the use of QNAP servers for storage. I wonder if they would extend the privilege to Kscape servers as well. They would make a great team!!

Theres probably very very little chance of that but I would like it as well. IMHO UHD makes no sense today- UNLESS- K could get content to the store.

I have got to say, I am disappointed by the lack of desire for a high end audio option. As a Meridian -Sooloos user, I would love an all in one solution. Recent Meridian allowed the use of QNAP servers for storage. I wonder if they would extend the privilege to Kscape servers as well. They would make a great team!!

I would love to have this. Jerry is probably right that it is not going to happen. However, every ticket that gets closed out asks me what percent of the time I spend listening to music compared to movies. So K seems to be keeping an eye on this.

John

I was disappointed when K stopped making the Music Player. I don't expect anything new in the Premier Line until 4K movies are available on 4KBR discs.

A new generation of 4K enabled hardware will probably become available at some point....if not K will be left behind. Perhaps then K will revisit the music side of things.

Back