• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

What’s the future look like for concert videos?

elee532

So, it seems Eagle Rock is no longer producing concert videos? Apparently not too many other companies interested in producing rock or pop concert/music videos. Any chance that void will get filled?

Strangely, it looks like Kaleidescape recently elevated the discoverability of their music concerts section. Yet, there doesn’t appear to be anything new in that category since 2022.

Anyone else care about this type of content? Any chance we’ll see more releases?

From Wikipedia:

“In April 2014, Eagle Rock Entertainment was acquired by Universal Music Group. Universal Music's purchase of Eagle followed that of much of EMI. Terry Shand continues to lead the company as chairman and CEO from its headquarters in London.[4] In 2020, Universal Music established Mercury Studios which absorbed Eagle Rock Entertainment.“

As far as I know, they are still producing concert videos - just under a different name.
John

It still seems like whatever it is called now, it does not rank very high in priority at UMG. This page has a link to the old Eagle Rock 'website' where the domain name has been taken over by squatters/scammers (don't click on it without javascript disabled).

I am always a bit disappointed when searching the concerts section on the K store and coming up empty for many artists. Even those with a healthy back catalog of material released on disc are not represented at all. A good example of this is Jimmy Buffet (RIP).... None of his concerts are available in the store. And the guy really liked making money so we can only assume that there must be too many contractual issues involved :(

I too encountered that issue with the Eagle Rock domain, which is partly what motivated me to post.

I also checked out the Mercury Studios website, which mostly seemed like a lot of marketing hype, but not much sign of actual content.

Eagle Rock’s production quality was garbage on 90+% of projects, I just wish there was someone better coming in to take over the space.

But record labels want 360° deals now, they want to control every aspect of the money tree so they can siphon off as much as possible.

That said, the biggest problem is most people don’t want to buy a concert film these days because you can watch crappy cel phone videos of every show of the tour for free on YouTube.

I have produced several quality concert films for independent artists and it’s a struggle. People want their favorite song and they want it free.

As much as you guys love it, the real immersive audiofest is in the lossless multichannel Atmos Music Only blu rays that are beginning to crank out at a prodigious clip, my purchases are outpacing my kaleidescape purchases 2 to 3 to 1. Anyone attending CEDIA at the end of the Day Thursday In the Alcons Booth I will rest my case why immersive Audio Music is the greatest of all immersive content in Atmos. If you like my scripts here, you ain't heard anything yet.

Back