• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Weekly Movie Release Time

Sasquatch

I'm a relatively new Kscape owner, and I was wondering what time the weekly releases/sales are updated in the movie store? I know Apple typically does midnight PT / 3 AM ET, but it appears kscape is much later in the day.

Is there a set schedule/time?

They're added at around the same time on K, but they're not necessarily added to the home page of the store and the New Releases list until later in the day. They're there, but you have to search to find them, if you're looking for something specific.

I pre-ordered John Wick and noticed it downloaded at 2 AM MT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They often download in advance, but you can't play it until the actual release time. Mine downloaded yesterday mid-morning, but wasn't available for viewing until whatever time they flipped the switch.

For Central time most of mine have gone live around 2am-3am. Granted I don't always check ASAP, but that's been the time for the big releases I was ready to watch.

I'm a relatively new Kscape owner, and I was wondering what time the weekly releases/sales are updated in the movie store? I know Apple typically does midnight PT / 3 AM ET, but it appears kscape is much later in the day.

Is there a set schedule/time?
Random schedule. You never know what they will release and when in advance except a few pre-order here and there.

I can tell you when you shouldn’t expect any additions to the store which is Sundays. Mondays are rare too but not unseen before.

Typically Tuesdays are when new special pricing(on sale) titles are announced. Late Tuesdays to Thursdays new titles are added to the store. Some weeks one or two additional new titles show up on Fridays and Saturdays too. On average, 4 to 8 new titles are added each week. Typically fewer other titles are added with big releases like John Wick 4.

There is a significant bias towards super hero, big blockbusters and romantic comedy/chick flicks. Horror films are somewhat represented but hard sci-fi and catalog tv series are under represented.

Back