• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Watch Soon Collection - Timeout?

Steven

Hi,

When a movie is put into the 'watch soon' collection, will it eventually be removed or time-out? There are a few that I really thought I had added there, but they have that indicator removed now. It's not all of them, just the older ones. I haven't found a setting anywhere.

Thanks, Steven

There's a time-limit to how long things stay in the "NEW" collection (which you can set or disable via your web interface), but things marked "Watch Soon" have no expiration. They SHOULD stay there forever.

BUT, I think (not entirely sure), that the "Watch Soon" collection DOES have one other special feature - once you do watch something (to the end-credits or final chapter), it DOES get removed from that collection.

So my guess is that someone watched one of those movies, and that removed it from the collection.

OK, all that being said, I'm pretty sure I've also noticed a few movies that I had assigned to some collections that later just somehow had their collection membership changed. There MAY be some weird intermittent bug somewhere that occasionally causes Collection-membership errors. (But I'm not sure, it's possible someone else in the family had accidentally changed those things.)

Anyone else ever noticed weirdness with collection memberships changing?

It might also drop from the watch soon if you pull up the DVD menu while watching the film although I don't recall exactly.

I did notice once when I had something in the watch soon and I watched a favorite scene off the movie, it dropped off the watch soon list. I don't recall the specifics of why if did or even which disc is was that I did that with but it did happen once.

I am pretty certain it drops off the list if you watch through to the last chapter(or just start to watch the last chapter), but I am not sure if it drops off for other reasons, but believe that it may. There are definitely movies that I have put in that category that fall off the list when I actually watch them (which is a good thing), but I feel that some have fallen off after watching just a portion of them (but I can't confirm for sure).

Back