• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

VPN access to server?

rbienstock

I'm about to move into a weekend home and an IT consultant that I'm using is creating a VPN for me so that I can access documents stored on a NAS in my main home from the new place. With the VPN, both houses are essentially a single network. Given this, would it be possible to use a kPlayer in the new place to access a server in my main house? Bandwidth should not be an issue as I have super-fast FIOS in both locations.

I know the right answer is to add an Alto/Strato to that location.. but HD Quality hits 50Mbps at times, and 100Mbps for UHD, good luck! ��

I know the right answer is to add an Alto/Strato to that location.. but HD Quality hits 50Mbps at times, and 100Mbps for UHD, good luck! ��

I have a Premiere system, FYI, so if I were adding anything, it would be a 1U server. I have a spare M300 player that ould be perfect if I could use the VPN. I get over 50Mbps up and down at both locations.

I have not attempted this, but the challenge would be the main server’s upload speed and the M300’s download speed. Still, your logic make sense to me— unless there is a requirement to be on the same subnet or VLAN?

Back