• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Using a wireless touch panel

carajo

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Anyone else using a wireless AMX or Crestron touchpanel with the Kscape?
I see the module for AMX wireless/Kscape includes a video page.

I just wanted to know who has video or cover art/titles showing on their wireless panel.

I dont really care about video to the wireless panel, but covers and titles would be nice.

I have a Crestron TPMC-10 Wireless touch screen with an Axis Media box serving s-video from one player. It's fine for the basics (ie cover art, parental controls, collections). There is a few seconds delay to the panel due to the WiFi handoff. For me, it's a nice to have, defintely not a must have.

The AMX wireless panel can display cover art from the Kaleidescape. The Crestron TPMC 10 can not yet display those dynamic images, Kaleidescape needs to modify their module to support it.

Crestron has updated their ability to see moving images (I believe it's called motion jpeg if I'm not mistaken). Everything that plays through the K comes thru the TPMC-10, just greatly delayed.

I use the AMX wireless panel but at this point in time do not have any video support. How can I achive this as it would be great to at least display cover art and movie list.
Des

The Axis Media box serving s-video requires IE compatibility. The Crestron TPMC-10 is basically a Windows CE box that's locked down. The Axis server takes s-video from the K and serves is own web page that you can get via IP. It's that stream that the Crestrom panel can display.

The AMX MVP-8400 non-video module from the Kscape website will allow cover art and desriptions to the wireless touch panels.

The problem I have is that whenever I scroll through the movies on wireless panel1 , wireless panel2 will flip to the kscape source page and mimic the wireless panel1.

It appears to be a feedback thing but man we cant figure it out.

Any ideas?

regwood said:
The Axis Media box serving s-video requires IE compatibility. The Crestron TPMC-10 is basically a Windows CE box that's locked down. The Axis server takes s-video from the K and serves is own web page that you can get via IP. It's that stream that the Crestrom panel can display.

Hello Reg,

Pls advise the Axis media box model number that you are using.

Thx,
Kartono

kartono said:
Hello Reg,

Pls advise the Axis media box model number that you are using.

Thx,
Kartono

Kartono,
I have the AXIS 241S Video Server connected via s-video to a 2500 player serving a Crestron TPMC-10. The Axis server is fairly quick (when accessed via browser from a wired computer). It's the wireless link (80211b) that adds latency. The TPMC can't do 80211g:(

CMCJO,
Yes, that is QUITE annoying. You will need to do some work in the AMX module I think. At a minimum, in touch panel designer, you will need to send a string output to whatever port your Kaleidescape is set up to on the system. When you want to see Kaleidescape info - presumably when you select it from the source selection screen - send the number 501 out in the string output field of that button in TP Design. When you want to turn off the dynamic feedback, send out 500 on that line. We have placed 500 on a great deal of buttons in the design. Virtually anything that could turn off kaleidescape - Main Menu Button, System Off Button, etc. The intent of this feature is sincere, but in multi-panel applications it is annoying. The idea behind it is that you are constantly seeing what is on the screen from your touch panels. Unfortunatly, out of the box, Kscape thinks every panel in the system wants to be updated when the Kscape is on.

After reviewing your original post, it would appear that you would not be able to accomplish what you are looking to do - IF you are scrolling movies on the same player. The feedback, again, hoping to force the panel to mimic the onscreen display, will track with whatever the player is doing. In my experience, we had all of the panels in the system (20+) going to kaleidescape pages when only one room was on that source.

You would be able to view music on one and movies on another if you have different players. If you only have one player in the system, any panel with feedback turned on will show the current onscreen output. This goes back to the original intent of the feature and from what I understand they never want a user to see one thing on a panel and another onscreen. The potential for confusion is there and it would negativly impact the user experience.

Last edited:
regwood said:
Kartono,
I have the AXIS 241S Video Server connected via s-video to a 2500 player serving a Crestron TPMC-10. The Axis server is fairly quick (when accessed via browser from a wired computer). It's the wireless link (80211b) that adds latency. The TPMC can't do 80211g:(

Hi Reg,

Can we also stream the audio if we use Axis 241SA (with audio) video server connected to Movie player 2 serving Crestron TPMC-8X ?
Fyi the TPMC 10 will soon be discontinued & replaced by the new TPMC 8X.

Thx,
Kartono

kartono said:
Hi Reg,

Can we also stream the audio if we use Axis 241SA (with audio) video server connected to Movie player 2 serving Crestron TPMC-8X ?
Fyi the TPMC 10 will soon be discontinued & replaced by the new TPMC 8X.

Thx,
Kartono

Hi Kartono,
Because is only have the Axis 241S, I can't confirm that the player gives audio streams out of both the digital and analog outputs simultaneously. What I can tell is that, I use the Optical out for may audio to my receiver and HDMI to a switcher.

In theory, you should be able to stream to 2 different sources. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

regwood said:
Kartono,

Reg,

I already tried the Axis 241S with the TPMC-10 but can not get the picture.
Do I need a specific software/firmware to make it work ?

Thx,
Kartono

Hi Kartono,
I believe my vendor (Sights and Sounds) had to jump through a few hoops (Crestron firmware updates) to get it to work. If I remember correctly, the update had to do with the TPMC-10 showing motion JPEG. BTW, my vendor is a member here.

Hi Kartono,
I believe my vendor (Sights and Sounds) had to jump through a few hoops (Crestron firmware updates) to get it to work. If I remember correctly, the update had to do with the TPMC-10 showing motion JPEG. BTW, my vendor is a member here.

Hi Reg,

Wanna ask bout the way you created the kaleidescape program with M-JPEG for Crestron TPMC 10.

Do you use Internet Explorer with the url directed to the AXIS streaming server or simply use the MJPEG player ?

It uses AXIS as the video server, isn't it?
Perhaps you can advise me for the way you set the M-JPEG viewer / Internet Explorer for the TPMC 10, so that it could display the streaming from the AXIS video server.

Many thanks for your kind attention & help.

Kartono

Hi Reg,

Wanna ask bout the way you created the kaleidescape program with M-JPEG for Crestron TPMC 10.

Do you use Internet Explorer with the url directed to the AXIS streaming server or simply use the MJPEG player ?

It uses AXIS as the video server, isn't it?
Perhaps you can advise me for the way you set the M-JPEG viewer / Internet Explorer for the TPMC 10, so that it could display the streaming from the AXIS video server.

Many thanks for your kind attention & help.

Kartono

Hey Kartono,
Just getting back from a long T-Day holiday. I didn't configure my TPMC-10. Sights-N-Sounds did the work for me. Joe, the owner, is a member of this forum. My unit was the first one that he worked on for video. Maybe he remembers what he did. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Wondering if anyone has been able to implement this on a TPMC8x yet?

Regwood, I was told that an issue would be that by the time the video for the covers reached the panel it would be time for Kscape to shuffle the covers. Is this something you have experienced? Is there also a delay when generating and moving through the list views?

Finally, in real life terms how bad is the delay? Is it when you push the video window it is an honest 2 seconds or more like 500 milleseconds?

Thanks so much.

Kartono, All movie players will output analog audio and digital audio at the same time - no question.

Back