• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

• 🔷Why can't I make a new post here in "The Marketplace"? 🤔

All registered users can reply to other members' posts here in the Marketplace, to respond as potential buyer or ask questions of the seller.
    However, only members who have paid to become "Premium" members or "Patrons" can make a new "for sale" post here in Marketplace.

Premium memberships can be purchased for as little as $10... a very reasonable fee in order to sell equipment here, far lower than the seller's fee would be on eBay or Audiogon or other sites. Our site doesn't sell ads or sell user's information. This small fee is the only source of funds for the site to offset the costs it takes to run the forum.

For more information on purchasing a Premium or Patron membership, please see the Account Upgrades section of your user profile.

FOR SALE: Used 1 TB Drives

Calm-One

I have 3 1 TB drives for K's 1U/3U chassis.

These will need to be reinitialized for use.

$225 USD each or $600 USD for all 3 shipping included within US.

PM if interested.

Drives

Hi Calm one,

I am interested in the 2 1TB drives. Are they still up for sale? I am interested, if the are reinitialized and you would ship them to germany.

Cheers!

Dirk

Additional details

It appears the Kscape has a policy that it will not touch drives that are 3 years old without utilizing an exchange program.

Thanks to another user for getting this information.

From Kscape support:

The three drives which serial numbers you referenced are KDISK-1000-L?s.
Our invalidation program will only be approved for drives that are 1) three(3) years or newer and 2) are healthy drives with no history.
Unfortunately the three drives that you referenced were originally purchased in March, 2008 not qualifying them for the invalidation program. We do however offer a refurbished replacement option for drives that do not qualify for the invalidation.
The drives will be replaced with equal drives that come with 1 year non-extendable warranties at an MSRP of $250 each including shipping.

So, due to this new information, all three of my 1TB drives are for sale for a total of $300 USD shipped to US and the buyer will be responsable for working with Kscape for the above program and will get fresh replacement drives for their system. PayPal welcome.

Cheers

Are the drives paired?

I'm interested in your drives. Are they all out of the same 1U server, in other words, can they be used as is, if I have no drives currently?

If they came out of a 1U chassis and you get the whole set, you should be able to. If the set is not complete but only missing one drive, you will have a degraded set that needs 1 replacement.

I don't know about putting a 3U drive set into a 1U server - never tried that or vice/versa.

Back