• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US Store payment card issues

@Vodder

Hope it's much quicker than that, my missus has her eye on a couple of recent titles - Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star is Born and she's not happy I can't provide them for her.

Please K move this on at some speed please :)

SNAP on those movies! (I was being kind on time frames, I'd love to have Paypal enabled for this weekend - haha). I actually feel bad that I keep getting lots of notifications that my preorders have been added to the download queue, only for them to be removed and a payment declined notification received on top. My account must look very long with very little $$$ to show for it, let alone incrementing the invoice numbers at a rate of knots :-/

I am in a similar situation as some others in the fact that I have had my USunlocked card withdrawn and now have my Entropay card withdrawn. I would certainly like some other payment method as I am starting to have to buy disks again.

@Vodder

Hope it's much quicker than that, my missus has her eye on a couple of recent titles - Bohemian Rhapsody and A Star is Born and she's not happy I can't provide them for her.

Please K move this on at some speed please :)

A Star is Born is available at the UK store, you live in the UK right?

@Vodder and all, have you tried to use Revolut?

@telem, no not tried Revolut. TBH, rather given up. All new movies are via UV - whilst it remains an option

Just tried Revolut - no luck. Also EcoPayz (also no luck).

This is driving me crazy. Apple TV getting all my cash these days.

Very depressing -
Chris

Likewise. I'm just buying up VUDU's UV back catalog whilst I can before end of May. Already noticed a LOT of VUDU's offering is now MA only. Also, eBay has been a good shout for cheap UV codes - I know there's a few rather suspicious code sharing websites out there - but I'm staying away from those. eBay in the UK though has started removing and blocking download code sales.

Also, as a side note, Universal have stopped reissuing expired UV codes. Last year they were good at reissuing but now they are apologising and offering a "free" replacement movie from a small list - I already have all on the list though. LOL.

I've also picked up an extra Disc Vault for all the indie, foreign, arthouse remastered blu-rays I'm buying up per my other post about Criterion, Eureka, Arrow, etc.

Since this thread has generated some speculation regarding access to the US Store (basically the payment issues), I'm sharing the following:

First, it is legal and security requirements, enhanced last year, that has caused much of the old payment methods used by some folks to access the US Store to disappear. This will NOT change. The requirement that a real US address be used for CC's, and any transaction involving US denominated payments, is not going away and is now being enforced by banking systems and payment entities worldwide. To be clear, K has nothing to do with this enforcement. This info isn't coming from Kaleidescape, it's readily available by researching international transactions.

People that had accessed the US Store did so of their own choosing, and for awhile found ways to get around the rules, but it was never intended by Kaleidescape that anyone not authorized have access to the individual stores.

No one is being aimed at here, but understand that Kaleidescape has nothing to "fix." The Stores are setup and operate as they should, and in compliance with agreements they have with the Studios and other jurisdictions. That will not change.

So.....

Kaleidescape is actively working with several studios to open in its UK movie store as soon as possible.

Two important studios will make their UK debut soon, bringing the total to four, including Warner Bros., and Sony Pictures.

Over the next several months Kaleidescape expects this (content availability) to be less of an issue.

That's all I have for now, but at least you folks accessing the UK Store will start to see much more content very soon.

Jim

Last edited:
Did anyone make any progress with this?
I tried adding a card with a EU payment address, and it was declined (untried by K) so had to revert to my US card. It would be nice to 'open' things up to other cards / payment methods

Back