• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US Debit or Credit Card/UK Download Location

bdo21

Hi,

I was wondering how Kaleidescape determine which online store a user is allowed to use and what happens if a user changes location. In particular:

1) If I have a US debit or credit card (presumably this needs a US registered address and not just be linked to a US bank account), can I use this with a Kaleidescape system located in the UK and download movies from the US store?

2) If I no longer have a US address I can use in the future and need to revert to a UK card, do I lose anything I have bought in the US store when I update my Kaleidescape details?

3) Are downloads from the US region 1/A so do I need a region 1/A player on the system to play these or do downloads not have a region encoding?

Are there any other issues I should be aware of?

Thanks

I don't use it very often, but when I reboot and forget to disable it, an internet safety software package I have that routes me to sites via other IP addresses (often foreign) leads to the K store simply being unavailable to me. I get some "store not allowed from your location" or something like that. It's quite possible your account name and credit card locale has no bearing on if you can use the K store and the IP location you log in from does. For example, I simply disable that software and with all other details the same, the store is available to me.

Last edited:
It validates the ip location first (easy to get round) but then it appears to validate the payment card as part of the first 4 digits of a card link to the country of issue so if you make up an address in the US it won't work. My UK cards only work in the UK store and my Canadian card only works in the Canadian store.

Thank you. I have a US card so it sounds like I may be able to use the US store. Mark H - can you access downloads you have made from both the Canadian and the UK stores on the same Kaleidescape system (ie there is no ongoing location check, only at the point of purchase)? Thank you

Yes it has been possible. The only problem I have had has been with UV titles when I had one of my servers upgraded to 48Tb and forgot to de-activate the server before shipping so they would not play on the new server as it said I had exceeded the licence count. A quick call to Kaleidescape fixed the problem when they deactivated my server.

Back