• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR Releases for March & April 2017

Mike,
Thanks for the usefull information regarding 4K/HDR and Dolby Atmos. Seems to me this would be additional work for the studios as they only release 4K on physical disc with Dolby Atmos. Wouldn't the process for getting this to K be based on the process they use to create the physical disc? Seems they would have to have a different process to get K a 5.1 soundtrack that might not exist for the physical disc? Even the VUDU 4K initial downloads include a lossless DD+ Atmos soundtrack. Anyway, we will look forward to the improvements you are working on and thanks for listening!

Just a quick point regarding what K gets, or more importantly "how" they get it. Most folks commenting about the Store (not in this thread) and content availability probably don't know this, but K does not get content from the studios as a physical disc movie. They get "files," very large files, and have to work with those files in order to setup the movie for the Store, including adding the bookmarks, and this all takes a lot of time (and patience), and they would much rather get it fully complete the first time around. As Mike pointed out, this doesn't always happen, and when it doesn't the result is multiple Store updates of the same movie. Unfortunately, it's part of the process.

Jim

sbutter, thanks for the feedback, I understand. Question: how would you feel about being able to add a pre-order title to your Wish List, and getting an email when it's being released?

SJHT, I can't get into details, I'm afraid, but rest assured that "there are stranger things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Or anybody else's philosophy, for that matter. :)

Yeah, I can believe that. Dealing with Studios is likely not normal business that most of us can relate to. LOL. Keep up the good work! SJ

sbutter, thanks for the feedback, I understand. Question: how would you feel about being able to add a pre-order title to your Wish List, and getting an email when it's being released?

I do like the idea of Pre-Order Wish List with email on availability.

Personally, the confusion is how the stores filters work.
For example, look at Collections New Releases.
If no filter is selected, Fantastic Beasts is listed first.
If filter Newest Releases is selected, Cross Wars is listed first and Fantastic Beasts drops by 20 rows.
If filter New to Store, Time Toys is listed first.
This is confusing.

Same for Movies, Browse All.
If no filter is selected, Jason Bourne is listed first.
If filter Newest Releases is selected, Cross Wars is listed first.
If filter New to Store, Beauty and Beast pre-order is listed first.

I would just like an easy way to see what New Catalog titles have been added to the store and what New Releases are available for download.

The following titles have been added:

Neruda
Julieta

John

"Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" has been added.

John

The following titles have been added:

Hidden Figures
Arsenal

John

The following have been added:

The Bye Bye Man
Paterson

John

Fantastic beasts and San Andreas (HDR versions) have been updated to include Dolby Atmos! Go K!

"Animal Kingdon – Season One" has been added.

John

Back