• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR Released for September & October 2017

“Independence Day: Resurgence” has been added in 4K HDR (only DTS-HD MA 5.1 soundtrack).

John

Hey, Ironwill, hold tight for a bit. Paramount will have UltraViolet available shortly (like, hopefully today). There was a glitch in associating the rights.

Hey, Ironwill, hold tight for a bit. Paramount will have UltraViolet available shortly (like, hopefully today). There was a glitch in associating the rights.

And all the titles that I have the UV rights for(11 movies), are now available for download in HDR & HD!! THANK YOU KALEIDESCAPE !!

“The Peanuts Movie” has been added in 4K HDR (DTS-HD MA 5.1).

“Assassin’s Creed” & “Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children” have been added in 4K HDR (DTS-HD MA 5.1).

Another set of Kino Lorber titles are being added.

John

Last edited:
Lots of TV Series Added from Lionsgate:

The Walking Dead (Season 1-7)
Fear the Walking Dead (Season 1&2)
Power (Season 1-3)
Spartacus (Season 1-4)
Magic City (Season 1&2)
Da Vinci’s Demons (Seasons 1&2)
The White Princess (Season 1)
American Gods (Season 1)
Black Sails (Season 1-4)
Camelot (Season 1)

John

Speaking of Lionsgate, hope we get Valerian?? Maybe it’s only distributed by them. SJ

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll try here. Some of the movies I initially downloaded to my Alto I have deleted to make space for others. Is there a place I can go on my system to find out the Titles of those I deleted?

Speaking of Lionsgate, hope we get Valerian?? Maybe it’s only distributed by them. SJ

Yes, “Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets” is distributed by Lionsgate and it is due out on disc Nov. 21th so maybe a little earlier for the digital release.

As an aside, I am late getting out my US Releases for Nov. & Dec. as I am revamping the format to include ALL 4K releases (whether a new movie release or not) since we now five major studios on-board for 4K. I also had to go back and add in releases for Paramount. It is nice to have all the major studious on-board.

John

ETA: Wouldn’t it be a treat if K Added 4K from Lionsgate in time for the Valerian release? Disclaimer: I have even heard a rumor about Lionsgate so this is purely dreaming.

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll try here. Some of the movies I initially downloaded to my Alto I have deleted to make space for others. Is there a place I can go on my system to find out the Titles of those I deleted?

On my 3U server, there is not a way to do this and I don’t think on the Alto either. But I will let someone who has one chime in.

If the purpose is to determine what titles you have purchased but not downloaded from the store I had a way to do this. When K closed their doors I had to quickly do this to start downloading content starting with HD titles. Let me know if this would help you in what you are trying to accomplish.

John

Maybe in the store if you select “not downloaded”? Maybe it updates this if you have deleted movies from your system. I did this when I got an Alto and wanted to delete HD movies from my Strato. I looked in my history to see what I had downloaded prior to getting the Alto. Deleted those movies and then they showed up in not downloaded. Redownloaded to get them on my Alto. SJ

Yes, the above is what I did. Went to “My Movies” and filtered by “HD or better” and “Not Downloaded to 3U Sever” and it listed every HD titles which I hadn’t downloaded.

John

Back