• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for November & December 2022

Any update on these two titles that were supposed to be released on Nov 1st?

Are they indefinitely delayed or have a new ETA for 4K?

November 1st:

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (4K) – Universal
Frosty the Snowman (4K) – Universal

So, the answer regarding the different D2D HDR upgrade pricing for Pulp Fiction is based on who the Licensor was when you originally purchased (Lionsgate or Miramax). Reaching out to K won't change the answer, unfortunately they don't control that pricing.

Jim

So, the answer regarding the different D2D HDR upgrade pricing for Pulp Fiction is based on who the Licensor was when you originally purchased (Lionsgate or Miramax). Reaching out to K won't change the answer, unfortunately they don't control that pricing.
That's so weird! I mean, I sort of get it. It's entirely up to the edition of the movie you happened to have bought (and when you bought it). So I get it, but it's still weird.

Yes, unfortunately, contracts define all of these relationships, and on occasion we see an odd result.

(This is why my relationship with my wife works so well, she's a Contract's lawyer.....and I'm a litigator.....she write's the Contract and I bring an action when a term is violated.😁)

Jim

Would re-importing/cataloging the disk fix things?

While I can't speak to the link above, DmitryB is correct regarding versions.

Jim

I haven’t seen this posted yet.

Added in UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Sony:

John

I'm guessing you'd need to find the correction version of the blu-ray disc: I think Miramax/Paramount version, not Lionsgate version.

This might be the correct one? Someone should confirm:

I can confirm this the one that I cataloged (Lionsgate) and my upgrade price was $4.92; this link shows the version on Blu-ray.com

This is the version that was released by Paramount in 2020

This is the version that was released by Paramount in 2020

I just double checked and the version that I cataloged for the D2D price of $4.92 is the other one with same cover below:

Added from Lionsgate in HD/UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1:

John

Added from Paramount in HDR with PCM Stereo sound:

John

The following have been added in the Store.

From Lionsgate in HD/UHD/HDR with DTS-HD MA 5.1:

From MVD Entertainment in HD with PCM Stereo:

Also, available for Pre-order from Lionsgate in HD/UHD/HDR:

John

TV series added to the Store from MGM in HD:

John

Following up about Pulp Fiction, I obviously had imported the Lionsgate version because I upgraded to Blu ray Quality in October 2013. I'm not getting any D2D discount. Neither my disk nor my downloaded version has any bonus features, but I noticed that the Paramount disk version has a bunch of special features. I assume that since no special features are listed that the current store version has no bonus features even in the HD version. So I might consider getting the Paramount Blu ray disk anyway. What I'd like to know is which version I'd need to import to get the D2D discount, my old Lionsgate or the new Paramount. Or does it not matter?

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Kino Lorber:

John

Back