• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for November & December 2017

Thanks. Then only D2D is new. I hope that we'll soon see the 4K versions!

It sure feels like Kaleidescape is getting ready to add all the previously released HD titles from Paramount. There have been titles popping in and out. Since it looks like these will have uv rights along with d2d this would free up a lot of disc slots in my M700.

John

It sure feels like Kaleidescape is getting ready to add all the previously released HD titles from Paramount. There have been titles popping in and out. Since it looks like these will have uv rights along with d2d this would free up a lot of disc slots in my M700.

John

Me too - exciting times.

John

It looks like Paramount titles are starting to be populated. Really nice to see this!

John

Wow. Jackpot! Lots of the stuff that we've been waiting to see. Not all of it, but this is a huge leap. I hope that if I buy this stuff in HD, I don't need to rebuy it in a week if it comes out in 4K.

This is exciting. Great job K! My vault is going to quickly become obsolete and I couldn't be happier.

I'm blanking if i asked this before but can someone clarify the UHD and HDR tags for me?

So if a movie shows just the HDR tag, is it actually 1080p HDR? And if it had just a UHD tag is it just 4K but no HDR?

I ask because i saw Dark Knight now has both tags, and when i downloaded it i think it was just HDR. So i'm wondering do i need to re-download it?

I'm blanking if i asked this before but can someone clarify the UHD and HDR tags for me?

So if a movie shows just the HDR tag, is it actually 1080p HDR? And if it had just a UHD tag is it just 4K but no HDR?

I ask because i saw Dark Knight now has both tags, and when i downloaded it i think it was just HDR. So i'm wondering do i need to re-download it?

HDR = 4K HDR
UHD = 4K *NO HDR*

If you downloaded Dark Knight when it only showed HDR then you have the $K HDR version not the vanilla 4K file.

“Blade Runner 2049” is downloading in HDR and Dolby Atmos.

John

ETA: UHD version is available also.

“Blade Runner 2049” is downloading in HDR and Dolby Atmos.

John

ETA: UHD version is available also.

Something is wrong. I was charged for 2049 but it isn’t downloading. Which is strange as all of my preorders have downloaded to my strato upon release

Back