• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for July & August 2023

Grantchester (Season 8) (2022) in SD from PBs

Ridley (Season 1) (2022) in SD from PBS

Grantchester (Season 8) (2022) in SD from PBs

Ridley (Season 1) (2022) in SD from PBS
Come on PBS, SD?? It's HD when it's broadcast so there's a HD version out there.

Edit...Vudu has a HD copy.

Now available for purchase in UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby Atmos from Sony

Added in UHD
From Paramount with DTS-HD MA 6.2 ?? ($4.92 to upgrade from HD)
With DTS-HD MA 5.1 ($4.92 to upgrade from HD)

From Warner with Dolby Atmos($9.99 to upgrade from HD)

With DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Lionsgate

In HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Universal

So what’s going on with Paramount? That’s 4 older library titles in a row coming to Kaleidescape in UHD only, that are available in HDR either on 4K blu-ray, or other digital retailers. Hope this trend doesn’t continue, and these titles missing HDR get updated to include it soon.

Enter the dragon from WB also falls into that camp, so maybe K is just tweaking their encode process and fell behind on some of the older library “new” releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added in HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1
From Magnolia Pictures
From A24

On pre-order in UHD/HDR & HD from Universal

From Magnolia Pictures
From A24
I watched this last night. Although there were a couple of silly moments, I enjoyed this movie. I wanted to visit Iceland a couple of years ago but never did. I don't come across many films from Iceland. I think Noi Albinoi (2003) is the only other Icelandic film I have seen.

Ok maybe also Will Ferrell's Eurovision film if it counts as Icelandic :)

I watched this last night. Although there were a couple of silly moments, I enjoyed this movie. I wanted to visit Iceland a couple of years ago but never did. I don't come across many films from Iceland. I think Noi Albinoi (2003) is the only other Icelandic film I have seen.

Ok maybe also Will Ferrell's Eurovision film if it counts as Icelandic :)

This is pretty decent. I’ll watch anything with Mads Mikkelsen.

All Up in the Biz (2023) in HD with DTS-HD Master 5.1 from Showtime

Added in UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby Atmos
From Disney/Pixar
From Sony

from Warner
from Universal

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny coming to digital on 29 August. Hope K will have it up for preorder (at a reasonable price) soon.

Where’s No Hard Feelings? I have it pre-ordered and it’s already released on digital via Apple TV, Amazon Prime, VUDU, etc. And all for $5 less at that. I though we were supposed to get releases earlier than most counterparts not later.

Where’s No Hard Feelings? I have it pre-ordered and it’s already released on digital via Apple TV, Amazon Prime, VUDU, etc. And all for $5 less at that. I though we were supposed to get releases earlier than most counterparts not later.
That’s odd. I also preordered it (saw it at the movies and enjoyed it) and see that it’s already available on Apple.

It's $5 less on those platforms because it's lower quality. My guess is K hasn't released yet because they noticed something wrong with the master that they want corrected before they encode and release.

Added in UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby Atmos from Sony

It's $5 less on those platforms because it's lower quality. My guess is K hasn't released yet because they noticed something wrong with the master that they want corrected before they encode and release.

I don’t think that’s an actual fair point though. I agree that most movies on K are more expensive bc it a higher quality (than streaming). But that doesn't explain the price differences on this platform vs others. We're merely theorizing why this vs that. I remember pre-ordering flash for 40 bucks and it releasing a lot lower on other platforms. Meg 2 at $40...no thank you haha.

Thanks for the details on something could possibly be wrong with the master that they want corrected before they encode and release. Gives me some perspective on process.
Added in UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby Atmos from Sony

Now I feel like an inpatient slob…maybe if I waited 10 more minutes loll.

The Flash was priced higher because it's a Warner title and they gouge us on their biggest titles by design. If you see something for $40, check the studio. It'll be Warner.

$5 higher is the baseline pricing when compared to iTunes, and it's worth it for higher quality.

Discount pricing down the road can vary, but there are also often similarities in sale titles if you actually look.

Kaleidescape has often sent mezzanine files back to the studios with requests to fix errors they find, which depending on the timing, can cause delays in release.

The Flash was priced higher because it's a Warner title and they gouge us on their biggest titles by design. If you see something for $40, check the studio. It'll be Warner.

$5 higher is the baseline pricing when compared to iTunes, and it's worth it for higher quality.

Discount pricing down the road can vary, but there are also often similarities in sale titles if you actually look.

Kaleidescape has often sent mezzanine files back to the studios with requests to fix errors they find, which depending on the timing, can cause delays in release.
The $5 premium is definitely worth it for the better quality file. I think it’s not fair to K owners to have to pay $15 more than iTunes (Flash, Barbie, etc). I hope K can work out a better deal for its customers.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny coming to digital on 29 August. Hope K will have it up for preorder (at a reasonable price) soon.
On pre-order in UHD/HDR & HD from Disney ($24.99) - pre-ordered !

Added in HD from Warner(TV)

Back