• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

US BR & 4K Releases for July & August 2023

Added in UHD/HDR with Dolby TrueHD Atmos from Disney

Added:

In UHD/HDR with Dolby Atmos from Sony

In HD with DTS-HD MA 5.1
From Sony
From Warner
From Shout Factory
From Music Box Films (French)

On pre-order in UHD/HDR & HD from A24

Now available for purchase in UHD & HD with Dolby Atmos from Lionsgate

Added in UHD/HDR & HD with Dolby Atmos from A24

Any thoughts on why Barbie is $39.99 here and only $24.99 for Amazon UHD?
Because it’s Warner. That’s their launch price for their bigger titles now.

See also:
The Batman
The Flash
Evil Dead Rise
Shazam
Black Adam

And so on.

$39.99 from pre-order through the digital exclusive window. Drop to $34.99 for months. Eventually get to a price that is reasonable.

I believe the technical term for this is “Price Gouging” on Warner’s part.

Because it’s Warner. That’s their launch price for their bigger titles now.

See also:
The Batman
The Flash
Evil Dead Rise
Shazam
Black Adam

And so on.

$39.99 from pre-order through the digital exclusive window. Drop to $34.99 for months. Eventually get to a price that is reasonable.

I believe the technical term for this is “Price Gouging” on Warner’s part.
I think they have just got this pricing wrong and if they were at say 29.99 launch dropping to 24.99 after a couple of weeks or maybe even better still launching there, I think they would sell far more movies. It’s not like the extra $10-15 is going to bankrupt us but it feels like they are taking the mickey tbh and I have noticed I just ignore their big releases. On principle is a bit strong but it’s close to that. Odd strategy.

I think they have just got this pricing wrong and if they were at say 29.99 launch dropping to 24.99 after a couple of weeks or maybe even better still launching there, I think they would sell far more movies. It’s not like the extra $10-15 is going to bankrupt us but it feels like they are taking the mickey tbh and I have noticed I just ignore their big releases. On principle is a bit strong but it’s close to that. Odd strategy.
I agree they would sell more. I don’t think they care. I think they want as much as they can from those willing to pay it for that window. Hopefully fewer people pay it and they’ll eventually come back to earth.

Even their older titles seem stuck at $34.99.....

Even their older titles seem stuck at $34.99.....

$4.92 for this title with disc to digital. May be worth it for some of the Warner titles to go with the disc first.

$4.92 for this title with disc to digital. May be worth it for some of the Warner titles to go with the disc first.

I bought the Bly-ray download for $24.99 when this was released to the Store and I’m seeing a $19.99 upgrade price to 4K. It seems odd that the DTD upgrade is only $4.92. I’d love to see some consistency with the upgrade prices but I guess we can’t expect that from WB.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree they would sell more. I don’t think they care. I think they want as much as they can from those willing to pay it for that window. Hopefully fewer people pay it and they’ll eventually come back to earth.
I don't think it's a window is it? They seem to stick at $34.99. So maybe drops $5. It means that I just wait and pick up the movies in the sales now. Maybe if we had guests desperate to watch one we might buy it - we did that eventually with Batman I think but otherwise I don't think we will bother TBH. It's shame because we have loads of Warner Bros movies but I don't feel comfortable with it costing that much. As I say, it feels as if I am being taken advantage of. Each to their own on this topic. I can only imagine that they are keeping pricing high here so that they can launch their own service at some point - or leaving room for that.

I don't think it's a window is it? They seem to stick at $34.99. So maybe drops $5. It means that I just wait and pick up the movies in the sales now. Maybe if we had guests desperate to watch one we might buy it - we did that eventually with Batman I think but otherwise I don't think we will bother TBH. It's shame because we have loads of Warner Bros movies but I don't feel comfortable with it costing that much. As I say, it feels as if I am being taken advantage of. Each to their own on this topic. I can only imagine that they are keeping pricing high here so that they can launch their own service at some point - or leaving room for that.
Eventually they drop a little more, most of the time anyway. The Batman finally dropped to I think $25.

D.I. Ray (Season 1) (2022) in SD from PBS added

Not a newer release, but maybe of interest to some
Everybody Loves Raymond (Seasons 1-9) in SD from Warner Bros added

Added in UHD with DTS-HD MA 5.1 from Paramount

Back