• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Updating a movie's BluRay region - how?

Chris-T

I have a limited edition BluRay release of Withnail & I - not entirely unsurprisingly this was not recognised by the database and so I have had to import the data manually. However, the "Edit Movie" link shows me a that the region of the disc is unknown. According to K'Scape's own advice, there should be a drop down menu to be able to set the region appropriately but for the life of me, I cannot see this! Can someone point me in the right direction? Very frustrating when you do everything legally and the DRM still fouls it up....

You cannot find it because it does not exist. You cannot change the BR Region of a BR Player (M300, M500, M700 and C1's), the Region is defined prior to sale based on what is ordered from K. BR Region codes are NOT checked upon import (unlike DVD which is checked on import), the BR Region is checked on playback. You must have a BR player of the same BR Region you are attempting to playback somewhere in your system (in your LAN, and turned On).

For Players that have import capability (not M300), you can change the DVD Region of that player up to 4 times, but again, you cannot change BR Regions of these Players.

Jim

Think I've answered my own question as they drop off the system when in standby. Can't see them on the web interface.

It sounds like you are trying to reach the "Region" assignment section which should appear just below the Upload Cover Art section at the bottom of the Edit Movie page. Is it not there?

Jim

Sorry for the delay getting back - no, the Region Assignment section isn't there! Is this dependent on where the unit is located physically?

No, but for some reason it might think it's a DVD (the Region drop down menu appears for BR disc's, not DVD). Not sure where to go from here, other than to send the disc to K.

Jim

K Store DVD Error

I recently purchased a DVD equivalent from the K store but received a digital version that only includes director commentary. How do I correct this issue?

Hmm... I am not sure why this appeared here and not a new thread...???

Last edited:
Just in case anyone is still interested (or has the same problem with a different disk), this was a metadata issue at K'Scape's end. Once they were aware of it, they amended the region codes and all now works fine.

Back