• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Updated Store Website - 18 April 2022

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I thought that this deserved a thread of it’s own since there are a number of new and unexpected changes to the storefront.

Really liked seeing added tabs for things that I use every day that make navigating easier:
  • Unowned tab
  • Wish List tab
  • Video Quality tab
  • Audio Quality tab
Nice added functionality added:
  • Added sort capability by Price (this used to be available a long time ago and very nice to see this added back)
  • Common Since Media broken out by finer age ranges (and a tab to make it easy to use).
  • Studio collections added option to see All Studios again.
A couple of things I don’t see anymore:
  • A way to sort by “Available to Rent” (but maybe I am just missing how to do this).
  • Sort by Title on some views. There is a sort by Title on the My Movies View and this is the main (and possibly only) thing I use this for so not a big issue for me.
All-in-all, a very nice update to the Store. Well done K!

John

I did notice the Sort by Title not being present on a few pages I hit the other day. At first I didn't mind, since it seemed to be doing it anyway, from my prior default, and then I hit one where it wrapped-around the alphabet (at least twice, as I recall,) which just struck me as really odd.

I noticed that the “WishList“ button/tab is no longer available. This is sonething that I really liked and that I use a lot.

I am ho[inh this is not gone for good.

John

I noticed that the “WishList“ button/tab is no longer available. This is sonething that I really liked and that I use a lot.

I am ho[inh this is not gone for good.

John
Hi John,

It's there. Unless you are referring to something different?

Attachments

• Wish list.png
    Wish list.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
No, it used to be a button right next the “Unowned“ button so I could go to my wishlist with one click.

John

No, it used to be a button right next the “Unowned“ button so I could go to my wishlist with one click.

John
Don’t have the screenshot from last night to check if it was there but checking now I can see it.

Attachments

• 2CC17CFC-5FB6-4B10-B89B-2B3AC145EAE3.jpeg
    2CC17CFC-5FB6-4B10-B89B-2B3AC145EAE3.jpeg
    939.2 KB · Views: 11
Weird - I have it now. I had to switch the ”sort by” back to default and it showed up. When I switched back to sort by “Availability” it is still there. So thanks! It fixed it!

John

Just as a bit of clarification:
The "Wish List" button on the filter bar doesn't take you to the Wish List collection. It merely filters the current collection being viewed to only show movies that have been added to the wish list. To access the full wish list, you still need to choose the "My Wish List" menu entry in the "Manage" menu.

Of course, if you are currently viewing the "All Movies" collection on the store, you would end up seeing almost everything on your wish list (TV titles wouldn't appear for example).

Back