• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Upcoming AirRemote - Built in Kaleidescape support

AirRemote?

OK, I got my iphone, i got my global cache fancy box, I got my IR's and RS232's hooked up..
there's something missing!!

Remotescape for iPhone/iPod

Another alternative is Remotescape for iPhone/iPod. We recently launched, and Josh has posted a detailed review. For now, it only controls the Kaleidescape System, so it may not be exactly what people on this thread are looking for, but the K integration is pretty thorough. You can find out more at www.remotescape.com.

(Full disclosure: I am a cofounder of Remotescape.)
--DanC.

Remotescape is for real, it's just AirRemote that was vaporware. Check out other threads on Remotescape.
--josh

Hi everyone

We wondered how many of you really use Kaleidescape for music? Do you want an option after you select the Kaleidescape device (at the top level menu) to switch between music and movies OR do you want a separate application for a music player as distinct from a movie player?

thanks

Steve from airremote

I hardly ever use the music and I have over 7000 titles on my Kscape. I very much prefer pandora/rhapsody since it is virtually unlimited music on demand. And it integrates great with AMX. Also if I ever do listen to K music, I have a button to switch from movies/music without leaving the source page..similar to the default K/AMX gui.

I saw June and thought it was 2009... next time I will read the entire thread.

Airremote

I know Remotescape is real. I've got it. Sadly for me I have other stuff that needs controlling, and Remotescape won't do that.
I guess I can control my GC100 via my mac!

Back