• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Universal IOS iPhone / iPad App

stephen

It's 2016 and we need an new app for all devices. It also has to be one app for all functions.

Right now we have the iPad app that scrolls movies and you can play them.

The other one is iphones movie check to see if we have it in our collection.

For a long time the iPhone hasn't worked for scanning barcodes to see if they are in our system. I use to love this feature because I'll be honest I have so many movies I don't remember what I own. Last year I did an inventory of the actual discs and I had 6 repeats.

Let's get a universal app that can do the scanning, movie store, and navigation. All in one.

It also would be cool when I scan the barcode if I don't have it in the system it would notify me of the price In the kscape store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree this would be great.

That would be nice. Mike (if your on this thread) what improvements are we going to see on the App?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't discuss longer term plans.

What I can share is that we've just submitted version 1.8 of our iPad app, which includes some bug fixes and some Strato-specific tweaks. It also adds Rotten Tomatoes audience scores when you open the detailed Rotten Tomatoes view by tapping the button in the movie details. And, it has a much-improved mechanism to look up Rotten Tomatoes and Common Sense Media info when the title in our Movie Guide doesn't exactly match the title in those services.

Not a major update, granted, but some nice improvements. Hopefully this update will be approved and posted to the App Store shortly!

Not at this time, sorry. Perhaps that will change at some point in the future.

I got version 1.8 of the iPad app on Monday.

John

My K system is on its way and an IPad seems to be a good choice for control for now.

Does it matter which IPad version or if it has more memory if it is dedicated to K control? Assuming 2000 plus movies, would more memory be of benefit?

Thanks,
--max

Hi Max,

Any iPad that can run iOS 8 or later will do fine. My old Retina iPad (last one with the 30-pin connector) works fine.

The storage on the iPad (16GB, 32GB, etc) doesn't matter. The amount of RAM in the iPad might make a small difference in performance, but because we fetch the list of movies from the system in chunks, it's not essential.

Thanks Mike & Stephen for the sage advice. I'm going with an Air 2 then, no reason to pony up for the Pro version.

Back