• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Underworld won't play, not licensed -- unrated vs. regular issue

tnedator

Ok, so I had previously owned Underworld (the original) and when I got my Alto I downloaded it and my other UV titles.

Fast forward to this weekend, and we decide to rewatch the Underworld series before watching the latest movie.

So, we notice that underworld was showing, but a light grey. When we went to play it, it said something like, you aren't licensed for this movie. I figured maybe something went wrong, so I deleted it and figured I would re-download and it wasn't in my library.

So, I went over to Vudu to check and it turns out I have the unrated version of Underworld.

So, a few questions.

1. If the unrated UV doesn't transfer to the regular, then why did it originally download?

2. It's kind of limiting that Kscape only has the normal version rather than both the unrated and regular versions. Is this a UV restriction to not let the license for one transfer to the other? In many cases on Vudu, their bundles include both when you purchase them for no extra cost.

Do you see the title in your ultraviolet library and is the store linked to your UV library? Other members have reported losing this link.

As far as I can tell there is only an unrated version released on BR disc.

John

Last edited:
Do you see the title in your ultraviolet library and is the store linked to your UV library? Other members have reported losing this link.

As far as I can tell there is only an unrated version released on BR disc.

John

Yes to both.

Wife didn't want to wait until the new Unerworld Blood Wars showed up on Kscape, so I bought it on Vudu and we watched it Sunday, and yesterday it showed up on K and so I downloaded it.

My UV link is definitely setup correctly. I can go to MyUV.com and Vudu and Underworld (unrated) is showing.

Maybe I'll contact Kscape support.

It worked in reverse for me - bought from the store and I can watch the unrated version on Vudu.

John

It worked in reverse for me - bought from the store and I can watch the unrated version on Vudu.

John

I'm wondering now if when they came out with the HDR version not long ago, if they did something. The underwold currently listed in the Kscape store doesn't say "unrated" but clearly mine previously downloaded and we watched it once last year.

Back