• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

CONFIRMED FIXED: Unable to import: "Hairspray"

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Anyone had any problems importing Hairspray? maybe i got a bad pressing of the disc, but my disc 1 won't load. seems ok on a regular DVD player...

Hey Josh,
I've had the same problems with Hairspray. I spoke to K support (Rusty) and he said it was a known issue. I have tried a few times since the DVD was released and since K support's acknowledgement. Still No Joy

Not to worry Josh, same problem here.:(

Jim

Hmmm... should we be worried that the studios have found some way to thwart Kaleidescape usage yet not affect regular DVD players?

This isn't the first time this has happened. K says the Sony DVDs can be a problem because of some protection scheme they have in place. I've seen it with 4 or 5 that have never been able to rip to the kscape. I don't believe they were all Sony products either.

I'll look back in my history to see if I can compile a list of "Problem Disks".

Thanks. I'm curious if Kaleidescape was ever able to fix the problem via a software update...

-josh

No, unfortunately it is still a problem disk. K works on disk specific issues when time allows. If it is determined to be a more "global" problem, they will likely address it sooner.

Jim

I have the same problem!!! And the worst part is I assumed the disc was just bad so I ordered another one! DOH! Has anyone sent their disc to K to have a look at?

I'm sure Kaleidescape has a copy of the disc. I'm surprised and worried about this... and think it's a bigger deal than Kaleidescape is acknowledging. Potential owners may already be putting off a purchase due to lack of HD disc support, and if word gets around that some new DVDs don't work either, then there will be more lost sales. We've come to expect all our DVDs to work, and this first disc (and a major hollywood release at that) that doesn't load could be a sign of things to come.

After all, I've heard no uproar over that disc not working in standard DVD players, so if the studios have indeed found a way to stop Kaleidescape imports with no bad effects on standard players, then this will certainly happen more.

If it's fixable by a Kaleidescape software upgrade, I suggest they get a fix out soon to restore our (and other potential buyers') confidence in the system.

What would happen a year from now if ALL new releases had this type of 'protection' on them?

--josh

All valid points I agree with Josh. I personally found John Travolta to be very distracting and the movie itself to be rather mediocre- but the Mrs. loves it. Has anyone tried to simply play it in a computer? Btw- I would really love to have HD disc support but I suspect its not in the near (12 months) future.

FYI- I spoke with someone over at K yesterday and they said they are aware of this problem and are working to resolve it.

Back