• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Unable to import Disaster Movie

AnOutsider

So we bought disaster movie a week or so ago. The original wouldn't import. It did look like it had a weird film on it (though it was new), so we took it back, and they exchanged it -- yet it STILL won't import.

Gets stuck at 63% -- anyone successfully import this movie?

When you say "get's stuck" are you saying it stops (terminates) import?

If it gets "hung up" at a certain point, but is still "working," then I'd leave it alone, and let it try to finish. I cannot remember which disks were problem imports, but I know I've had a couple historically that have taken several hours, and one for sure that was "hung up" at one spot for quite awhile (probably an hour) before it finally continued. The DVD did eventually import.

When I encounter a very difficult import I leave it importing overnight. I've always found the DVD finished in the morning.

Jim

I buffed the crap outta it and it worked. The original attempts would result in "unable to import". When it finally worked, it took overnight

At least it's in!:)

Jim

Back