• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Ultra Violet Version for sale

I imagine an m300, m500 or m700 is still needed to playback these bluray quality movies and that older players will not see these titles in their interface?

I imagine an m300, m500 or m700 is still needed to playback these bluray quality movies and that older players will not see these titles in their interface?

That is correct. All Blu-ray (HD) content requires an M-Series KPlayer for Playback (and of course importing as well if done from a physical disc).

Jim

Blimey

Look forward to the growth here in the UK. We only have 100 titles total in the Uk store as of today and I have 1 upgrade to Blu and go disc free and 6 go disc free.

I think I may have to move to the US.

Adam

I was surprised to see I had 176 potential BR upgrades in my library.:eek:

Jim

Extremely good point...and that American Football with all the padding rather than Rugby...i will just buy another Vault and stay here!!!!!

Last edited:
Look forward to the growth here in the UK. We only have 100 titles total in the Uk store as of today and I have 1 upgrade to Blu and go disc free and 6 go disc free.

There are actually more than 100 titles in the UK store. The main movies page is limited to showing 100 movies at a time. At the bottom of the page are links to move to page 2, 3, etc.

There are actually more than 100 titles in the UK store. The main movies page is limited to showing 100 movies at a time. At the bottom of the page are links to move to page 2, 3, etc.

You are correct there are now 421 items now. Still only 1 go Blu and disc free and now 7 disc free. Would still love it to catch up with the US store based on what we hear here.

Hi,

Has anyone had recent issue with UV's 'beta' version? My other UV movies are there, but the ones that I bought through Kaleidescape's store are not. They were in the 'old' UV.

Ugh….

Steven

I have had no problems with uv copies showing up on Flixster on movies I have downloaded recently. However, I am not sure what you mean by the new "beta" version on uv so I may be misinterpreting your question.

John

I don't know what the beta version of uv means but I downloaded The Hunger Games:Catching Fire earlier today and the uv copy showed up in Flexster as expected.

John

So this is my limited understanding of how these services work, but shouldn't the movie show up in my UV library, too? It looks like it shows up in Flixster, which I don't understand since it is supposed to be a UV movie.

Thanks, Steven

I have to admit I have never checked my uv library since the movies have always showed up in Flixster.

John

Movies for which you have UV rights should, indeed, appear in your UV locker on https://www.uvvu.com/. This site appears to be having some teething pains, however, and isn't showing full content (I should have ~200ish titles and I see two). Rest assured, however, that any UV-enabled movies you purchase from the Kaleidescape store *are* getting added to your UV locker. You can confirm this by logging in to either a Flixster or CinemaNow account that is linked to the same UV account that you have linked to the Kaleidescape store.

Pretty awesome that UV movies purchased from BD-UV/Vudu/Flixster/Etc will all be available for download! I've downloaded several today already! :)

I downloaded Cloud Atlas from the store to free up a slot as I own the Blu-Ray and it won't play as it says it is 'not authorised for playback'

UV is just a bad experience and adds no value!!!

Awesome 0 Awful 1

Agreed. I redeemed a bunch of slips I had sitting next to my server and it was a nightmare. Many of the companies want you Togo through their site, Disney is in a bubble, blah.

Bought a Blu-Ray disk this weekend whilst in France and it came with a UV code that only works in France and when you register the film despite the disk having English and subtitles the UV version provides only a dubbed version in French and no subtitles in any language.

Awesome 0 Awful 2

Here I think it is an ex USA issue. After setting up my UV and flixster account, it has become something that is pretty irreplaceable in terms of portable HD content. Only issue is that you need tons of storage space on yoir mobile device. Very much looking forward to expanded studio participants.

Awesome 1 Awful 0

Back