• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UK Owners - Slow download speeds

steelman1991

Hi folks

Anyone experiencing really slow download speeds. Since earlier this morning my speeds have been hovering between 5Mbps to 15Mbps. Normally I hit around 35-37Mbps. I'm with BT and not sure whether the stormy weather after our heatwave is causing issues - though no service disruption being reported on the BT website.

Hi folks

Anyone experiencing really slow download speeds. Since earlier this morning my speeds have been hovering between 5Mbps to 15Mbps. Normally I hit around 35-37Mbps. I'm with BT and not sure whether the stormy weather after our heatwave is causing issues - though no service disruption being reported on the BT website.

It's not just you buddy, fingers crossed the UK ISP's will sort it quickly.

Same here, yesterday I was downloading at 50+Mbps and since this morning same as you. My Avengers: Infinity War preorder is now downloading at 8Mbps...
Unless all the K systems around the world are downloading the Avengers and the K servers can't cope with the traffic, there must be a problem somewhere.

Not the case here. Speed between 3Mbps and 35Mbps this morning and since two hours my downloads have stopped. Rebooted modem, router, servers twice no change. I will write to support tomorrow if no change.

This afternoon I saw my downloads getting in to double digits for the first time in a week so perhaps things as slowly recovering but generally K downloads for me are always slow regardless of reboots, DNS changes etc. and having fibre to the house and fibre connected switches for distribution.

Maybe it is ISP related or just traffic priority for the small number of users with a server outside the US in my case at my holiday home.

This afternoon I saw my downloads getting in to double digits for the first time in a week so perhaps things as slowly recovering but generally K downloads for me are always slow regardless of reboots, DNS changes etc. and having fibre to the house and fibre connected switches for distribution.

Maybe it is ISP related or just traffic priority for the small number of users with a server outside the US in my case at my holiday home.

Mark,

I have two different ISPs and problem was the same with both. Removed DNS as well no change.
Downloads have now resumed with speeds close to 40Mbps(usually around 50Mbps and I have a 250Mbps connection). Thatˋs better than zero. Hope that this speed remains stable as I am lookimg forward in dowloading the Avengers first two movies provided that K releases them at the same time with Infinity War on July 31st.

Kostas

I’ve been having slow download speeds yesterday and earlier today in the US running ~10Mbps. I am now back up to ~140Mbps with my 150Mbps ISP service.

John

Back