• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

UHD movies in the store!

There are so many movies in 4K UHD Dolby Vision with ATMOS at the Vudu Store.
Wouldn't it be nice if these movies were available at the K Escape 4K Store? That will nudge me to get the Stratos Immediately...
Or like in UV If I bought these at the VUDU store it would be nice if they would be available at the K Escape library...
Make it work K Escape - we are counting on this..

For Mike Kobb: It is great to see UHD titles (more than documentaries) now in the Canadian Store. I have a question about upgrades for Blu-ray titles we already own: Why is it in the U.S. you can upgrade for $13.99 and in the Canadian store all titles are full price, even those you own on blu-ray? I know sometimes these new listings take time to get fully "up to speed." Is this something that will come?

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I know you and I already connected on this question, but for the benefit of others:

Each territory is different. Right now, we're not able to offer upgrade pricing in Canada, but we're working on it. I don't have any sort of date that I can share, unfortunately. This is the sort of thing that will basically get announced if/when it's actually available.

I think it's safe to say that just about everybody would prefer that things were consistent across different countries and territories, but the realities of content distribution are such that that's just about impossible.

Sorry I'm unable to provide a more concrete answer, but I hope this at least explains where things stand at present.

Thanks, Mike.

Maybe the studios will, at some time, get the hang of e-commerce/downloads etc. on a worldwide basis and regional differences will be a thing of the past. I just won't hold my breath!

Regards,

Wayne

Last edited:
On March 1st the 4K UHD disks of Sicario and mad max fury road will be released with HDR. So does this mean they will be available as HDR on the KStore as well? Assuming you have a Strato. Mine is still a few weeks out. Thanks

Hi Applemike!

Sicario is a Lionsgate title, and Mad Max is from Warner Bros. Right now, we've announced 4K Ultra HD licensing with Sony, Fox, The Orchard, K2 Communications and Moving Art, and of those, Fox and Sony offer HDR content.

Obviously, we're working to secure 4K Ultra HD and HDR content from all of our licensors who offer it, so this is just today's snapshot of the landscape.

More generally, we won't have HDR content ready next week, but we're working on having it ready as soon as we can. I just previewed some of it on big-name movies in our lab the other day, and it looks fantastic! :)

To say i'm excited for the next batch up 4K movies in the K store is an extreme understatement. I plan on doing alot of bluray vs 4K since I have physical copies of most movies about to get the 4K treatment.

Following up on what you just said Mike, if I download Mad Max in 4K when its available, but the HDR version eventually gets added, will it automatically update in my library? Or will i need to buy it again?

Back