• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

TV series - Disc to digital

Mr.Poindexter

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I am wondering why there is such a high percentage of films with disc to digital offerings but no TV series have them, even when they are from studios that offer disc to digital on their movies.

As somebody who has a large amount of vault space filled with TV shows, I wonder if this is going to change in the future. Any guidance on how that might work out?

Thanks

+1 on this. Multiple TV shows on blu-Ray take up lots of vault space. Having a disc to digital option would be great!

Wayne

Disc-to-digital is usually (although not always) tied to UltraViolet, and right now, UltraViolet is uncommon to nonexistent on TV seasons. I'm afraid I don't know what the outlook is for TV seasons being added to the UltraViolet ecosystem, but that would be the big gating factor.

Is there any hint as to how that will look when it hits (or if anyone out there has managed to do some testing with the few titles already in the store?) Of particular interest is the usually-multi-disc nature.

Example: recently tried importing a show's season. Discs 1 & 2 imported fine but Disc 3 had a manufacturing problem. There was no recourse from the retailer since I hadn't tried until after day 30. Would this be good enough because (1) At least one disc was imported, (2) more than half was imported, or (3) two are imported and the third can be seen as present in the system?

I have a problem with one disc in my BSG entire series set, so I would love to disc to digital the entire series.

Back