• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Transferring content from 5U to 3U server

sshearer

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
My current system has both a 3U and a 5U server with data on both servers and both are part of the same system. I am considering disposing of the 5U server and eventually upgrading the hard drives in the 3U. What is the process for transferring the data off of the 5U server and onto the 3U server?

Thank you Jim.

Since both servers are part of the same system currently, as I understand the directions, I would need to remove the 3U server from the current system and add it to a new system (which will be the destination server) and then replicate from the remaining 5U server (source server) to the 3U server (destination server). The 5U server is currently full (1997 GB) and the 3U server has 4437 GB available storage. After this is completed, I could remove the 5U server from the source system and then switch back to the destination system and physically disconnect the 5U server.

I assume I can do this myself without having to bother my dealer.

Thanks for your help.

Scott

Yes, that is correct, the two most important points are to "ungroup" the two Servers (as you noted), and be sure Replication has been "Enabled." (You will see a "Replicate from this Server" note lower left side of Server component tab in the Web Utility (my-kaleidescape).

If that is not there, contact you dealer, they have to enable it from their dealer extranet. If not available, contact K Support (support@kaleidescape.com) and ask for assistance. I would do it for you, but I can only see the systems I follow in my extranet, sorry).

Jim

Depending on the timing, you might want to just wait and replicate the 5U onto the new drives. That way you aren't effectively duplicating the 5U's content twice in short succession.

Back