• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

IMPORTANT: THIS SUBFORUM SLATED FOR REMOVAL

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Unless someone has a serious objection, I plan to remove this "Kaleidescape Music System" section from the forum, as Kaleidescape long ago stopped supporting regular music imports and playback, and there hasn't been a new post here for many years.

Please note that there's a new forum area for discussing concert and music VIDEO content that can be purchased in the Kaleidescape Store, or imported via DVDs and Blu-rays.

Last edited:
It seems wrong to just eliminate the knowledge contained in the existing posts. Also as a point of order, Kaleidescape does still support music imports on Premiere systems although new features are not being added and the database that recognizes CDs is no longer updated. Perhaps you could just move the `Music` forum to be a sub-forum of `Content, Metadata, Importing & Movieguide Issues` so it would still be accessible but not visible on the main page.

It seems wrong to just eliminate the knowledge contained in the existing posts. Also as a point of order, Kaleidescape does still support music imports on Premiere systems although new features are not being added and the database that recognizes CDs is no longer updated. Perhaps you could just move the `Music` forum to be a sub-forum of `Content, Metadata, Importing & Movieguide Issues` so it would still be accessible but not visible on the main page.
thought about that... but if no one has visited or posted here, and if the content isn't relevant anymore because Kaleidescape has stopped supporting this hardware AND the software to play it, then is it even helpful remaining here?

That said, maybe there could be a section for deprecated hardware, or for legacy systems.

That said, maybe there could be a section for deprecated hardware, or for legacy systems.
Seems reasonable. As of now, I think there are very few K components that don't work at all. The only one that comes to mind is the Powerfile vault. AFAIK, everything else like the 5U server, K-player 2500, K-reader, Cinema One (1st and 2nd gen), SpeedReader etc. can still be used as originally intended (baring a hardware failure) and can use the K store.

I think for those of us trying to figure out an alternative option for supporting legacy music (and still using the cd ripping capabilities), I'd love to have access to the legacy information (archival access) if possible.

Not sure if this is the right forum to bring this up, but if we were able to come up with an alternative for Kscape systems to tap into a MusicDB, do you think K would open up an API or some form of bootstrap for the system to leverage something like freedb.org CDDB?

OK, I'll leave this section accessible as it seems there are at least a few people who have found it helpful. Thanks

My 2c for what it's worth, I'd vote for leaving it up either as is or moved to a legacy or depreciated section. Maybe have a gif of the Grey Lady from Ghostbusters looking after it :p

I would like it to stay accessible: I have 565 music albums on a Cinema 1 SE and the music still sounds good:
one of the reasons I initially bought my first K system: but I agree there are many other music delivery systems out there: I use ROON

Is there a way to archive the content but also make it visible to the forum users? It can be locked. No more new replies but read only. Although I never used the music functionality on my Kaleidescape systems, I am always for preserving the history. There is a good wealth of history here.

Back