• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

The Neural-X Plum of the week awards.

CINERAMAX IOPH

A formidable slew of Neural-X plums were released this week. Bravo, whomever.:D

DZd0PdmWAAAo-dz.jpg

Note Neural-X sucks all the way thru the third act on Phantom Thread (totally screen centric), then all of a sudden extreme lfe notes and music jumps to the surrounds for the last act. Freaky soundesign reversal adds to the very freaky ending. So it makes the grade.

DZd0LZlX0AATln6.jpg

DZd0NVHX0AEN37v.jpg

To the rest of the world that have been building Home Theaters by the book to the tune of 80 billion dollars flushed down the toilet since the nineteen nineties (when tom holman castrated the surround channels), in OUR PARALLEL UNIVERSE of PRETERNATURAL IMMERSOPHILIA, width channels (uncastrated like the surrounds and mains) are the 5th and 6th most important channels (before center). Here is a vu meter to allow anyone with a marantz processor or equivalent to study just that. Learn!

DZd0wqrWAAAB5eX.jpg

Last edited:
Ther Neural X plum of the year award goes to Sherlock Gnomes Dream sequence about number 9.

DfVdXsqXcAAcg86.jpg

It completely wipes out the entire ovreau from Disney since they first dipped their feet into immersion, interestingly coinciding with their replacement of Dynaudio Acoustics Monitors with a QSC Qsys system, IT SOUNDS LIKE THE CLAW ON THE BLACKBOARD, Mouse! an Object lesson that will go down in History.

Not my qsc, what some studios use for mixing, but if a studio uses a very not musical system for mastering and then has to eq for the mix, that comes across stridently in a neutral revealing musical system.

My friend's company MIT replaced the Dynaudio Acoustics monitors at Disney with QSC in multiple sound stages. Probably all the Atmos, if you listen to Zootopia and Beauty and The Beast those are pre QSC "Upgrade" and way more musical and sweet.

Not my qsc, what some studios use for mixing, but if a studio uses a very not musical system for mastering and then has to eq for the mix, that comes across stridently in a neutral revealing musical system.

My friend's company MIT replaced the Dynaudio Acoustics monitors at Disney with QSC in multiple sound stages. Probably all the Atmos, if you listen to Zootopia and Beauty and The Beast those are pre QSC "Upgrade" and way more musical and sweet.

Was this the studio? https://www.disneydigitalstudio.com/sound-services-2/mix-7/

all QSC and I can hear the harshness here with my dynaudios baked into the mix.

Hollywood needs to get off the compression driver jalopy.

Back