• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

The Matrix Blu-ray - Play Movie and Scenes disappeared

AlienW

On my system, The Matrix has lost the Play Movie and Scenes menu options. Another clue is present on a script that used one of the Scenes... It says: Unsupported region for the Shootout in the Lobby scene. I don't see any other movies with the same issue after a quick check. Could it be a glitch in the Matrix...? Maybe @MikeKobb, aka "the Architect" can dispatch the Sentinels to look into it... :)

the-matrix-bd-play-movie-missing.jpg

script-unsupported-region.jpg

On my system, The Matrix has lost the Play Movie and Scenes menu options. Another clue is present on a script that used one of the Scenes... It says: Unsupported region for the Shootout in the Lobby scene. I don't see any other movies with the same issue after a quick check. Could it be a glitch in the Matrix...? Maybe @MikeKobb, aka "the Architect" can dispatch the Sentinels to look into it... :)

View attachment 3990

View attachment 3991
Probably a glitch but I am curious why not upgrade to digital?

To my knowledge, the initial snap case DVD (and the Laserdisc) release preserved the color grading and the color timing of the theatrical release. Later DVD and Blu-ray releases added a green tint to the entire film rather than only the scenes in the matrix as shown in theaters. I believe the 4K UHD disc release corrected this and it is closer to the theatrical presentation.

Probably a glitch but I am curious why not upgrade to digital?
I actually have purchased but not downloaded this movie from the store (d2d). Although not in this case, the digital/store version of a movie is often missing the special features. And as best I can tell there is no way to determine if the movie's trailers are included without downloading.

View attachment 3990

View attachment 3991
Hmm. The fact that it's saying "unsupported region" suggests that it thinks that disc belongs to a different region than any of your Blu-ray capable players. Have you by any chance changed any player configuration lately, like replacing a player, or is there one that used to be in the system but is now turned off or disconnected? If a disc is not believed to be in a supported region, none of the play bookmarks will show up.

No I have not changed the components my system for a few years now. I have never had a non-Region A M-class player attached either. Could it be possible that somehow a bit got flipped in the movie guide? It does show as a Region B disc in the details.... But if I remove the disc from the vault it plays fine on my Oppo player that has Region A stamped on the back.

1692671631253.png

Have you tried fully deleting the movie from your Server (move to Trash, then empty the Trash) and then re-importing the movie to see if the Region is corrected? (You'll be prompted to eject the disc from the Vault, and obviously you'll need that to re-import.)

Jim

Drop me a PM with your server serial number, and I'll ask the guide team to check to see what the guide says about that disc's region, and correct if needed.

Back