• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

The Flash movie needs an audio update

AllThingsTech

I waited to get The Flash until it was on sale and got it yesterday for $14.99, so I was excited to experience this on KScape.
I was extremely disappointed in the audio quality (yes I’m aware this is no fault of Kaleidescape).
I have an audio system that I’m very happy with so that isn’t my issue.
Has anyone else with experienced this disappointment or am I just an audiophile snob lol ?
Any way to push the studio for an audio upgrade?

I thought the audio was average, but I did have to push it 4-6 ticks past my normal listening point on the AVM90.

I thought the audio was average, but I did have to push it 4-6 ticks past my normal listening point on the AVM90.

It sounds like it’s lacking dynamics and was still that way even at a higher volume. It’s as though there is a lot of compression. Even more so than some streaming experiences I’ve had before.
My entire system is essentially powered externally. I’m running 7.2.4 and the only speakers being powered by my Cinema 50 are the rear and side surrounds. My LCR are powered by a separate Rotel 5 channel and my Atmos speakers are powered by a separate Marantz 5 channel amp.
So needless to say power isn’t the issue.

Hello MiaG, and thanks for the feedback. I'll point the Content Operations team to this post so they can review the audio and see if there is anything that can be done.

Blu-ray.com rates the audio 5 out of 5...

Have you tried the 5.1 Dolby Digital to see if it's any better?

Blu-ray.com rates the audio 5 out of 5...

Have you tried the 5.1 Dolby Digital to see if it's any better?

I’ll try that, definitely still want the native Atmos mix fixed if possible.

Maybe the 5 out of 5 on another source ? What’re their ratings based on would be my question lol

I’ll try that, definitely still want the native Atmos mix fixed if possible.

Maybe the 5 out of 5 on another source ? What’re their ratings based on would be my question lol
It's based on the disc version, TrueHD Atmos, should be the same as the K version

Probably a near-field mix for the home video market. In other words, it needs to sound good on a $300 sound bar which is %90 of the market.

I thought it sounded (and looked) great on my system. Which is substantially better than a $300 sound bar. Dynamic, full, not harsh.

Interesting., it looks good.. just sounds bad.
Curious to know are you running Atmos or more than the native mix for it to need to up-mix ?
Only asking since someone else mentioned Blu-ray.con rating it’s native mix as 5 out 5 ..
I’m trying to figure out the variables for different situations.
All my other K movies sound and look great so I’ve already ruled out my system/components being the issue.

Interesting., it looks good.. just sounds bad.
Curious to know are you running Atmos or more than the native mix for it to need to up-mix ?
Only asking since someone else mentioned Blu-ray.con rating it’s native mix as 5 out 5 ..
I’m trying to figure out the variables for different situations.
All my other K movies sound and look great so I’ve already ruled out my system/components being the issue.
I’m running 5.2.4, and I leave DTS Neural X on all the time, but shouldn’t have done anything to an Atmos track.

This is my setup:

I’m running 5.2.4, and I leave DTS Neural X on all the time, but shouldn’t have done anything to an Atmos track.

This is my setup:

I am curious if your Neural X upmix is somehow making a difference but I don’t know ..
nice system btw.
I don’t have a nice post like yours detailing my system but I’m running 7.2.4.
Setup is as follows -

Audio

All Martin Logan except subs .
L/R -ML ElectroMotion ESL’s
Center- Motion 50XTi
Side surrounds -Motion FX
Rear surrounds -Motion 15i’s
Atmos -Motion 4i
Subs- x2 REL HT1508 (15” Predator)
AVR- Marantz Cinema 50 is running the side and rear surround
LCR amp Amp-Rotel RMB-1585 currently just running the LCR
Atmos Amp- Marantz MM7055 running the Atmos channels.

Video
LG-77” OLEX (GX)

Sources
Kaleidescape Strato 6TB
Panasonic UB820
Apple TV 4K (2nd gen)
Nvidia Shield (2nd gen)

I am curious if your Neural X upmix is somehow making a difference but I don’t know ..
nice system btw.
I don’t have a nice post like yours detailing my system but I’m running 7.2.4.
Setup is as follows -

Audio

All Martin Logan except subs .
L/R -ML ElectroMotion ESL’s
Center- Motion 50XTi
Side surrounds -Motion FX
Rear surrounds -Motion 15i’s
Atmos -Motion 4i
Subs- x2 REL HT1508 (15” Predator)
AVR- Marantz Cinema 50 is running the side and rear surround
LCR amp Amp-Rotel RMB-1585 currently just running the LCR
Atmos Amp- Marantz MM7055 running the Atmos channels.

Video
LG-77” OLEX (GX)

Sources
Kaleidescape Strato 6TB
Panasonic UB820
Apple TV 4K (2nd gen)
Nvidia Shield (2nd gen)
The Neural X isn’t doing anything, since the source track is Atmos.

My speakers are ultra-efficient, but you have plenty of juice running yours as well so there shouldn’t really be any issue.

Back