• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

The Fall (2006, Tarsem Singh) in 4K HDR?

dla26

I have the Blu-ray for this, but I would absolutely love to watch this in HDR. It was originally distributed by Roadside Attractions, which is now owned by Lionsgate, I believe. TBH, I'd probably be willing to pay $100 for this...

Excellent film and amazing visuals shot in many different locations over several continents using only practical effects (No CGI whatsoever). The Blu-ray disc came out from Sony and several scenes from this movie was used in Sony’s Blu-ray promotional demonstration discs in 2008. I would be very much interested in digital HD or UHD versions.

I'm new to Kaleidescape so... is this the right way to tell K which movies we're interested in?

I believe their content team pays attention to the sales on the store and predict the popular genres and films. They are pretty active on this site too. So I am sure you can make an influence here.

From what I see, most active users prefer newer mainstream films with some classic catalog titles here and there. The Fall is relatively unknown but has a very high demo disc value. I am sure it would make it to many scripts once offered from the store.

I actually have the HD version of this movie so it used to be on the Store and it shows up in the Store under “My Movies” but not when I just do a search. Regarding a 4K version, this would not be K’s call as Sony would need to re-release in 4K.

John

I have “The Fall” as an HD download (with Dolby TrueHD 5.1) on my system, so there was likely a change of distribution rights that has caused it to no longer be available on the Store.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @dla26 -

This is a great place to note titles you are interested. As @Substance points out, our catalog growth is driven by analyzing what content looks like it will be popular with our users, so all purchases are also votes to get more "movies like this" in our queue.

Regarding The Fall specifically: @andy is correct - rights for that film have expired with its last digital distributor (Sony). It isn't currently available for digital from any provider that I see.

Unfortunately we don't have input into what films the studios remaster for UHD. The Fall, like all Tarsem Singh's films, is visually stunning, and we would also welcome an HDR treatment.

Luke

oh man, I havent seen The Fall in probably over 10 years and I'd love to watch this again! Too bad it isn't in the store :/

Hi @dla26 -

This is a great place to note titles you are interested. As @Substance points out, our catalog growth is driven by analyzing what content looks like it will be popular with our users, so all purchases are also votes to get more "movies like this" in our queue.

Regarding The Fall specifically: @andy is correct - rights for that film have expired with its last digital distributor (Sony). It isn't currently available for digital from any provider that I see.

Unfortunately we don't have input into what films the studios remaster for UHD. The Fall, like all Tarsem Singh's films, is visually stunning, and we would also welcome an HDR treatment.

Luke

I assume you guys have meetings with the studios/distributors from time to time? If so, according to Wikipedia Roadside Attractions (owned by Lionsgate) is the distributor. (There's no mention of Sony on the Wikipedia page so I'm not sure how accurate that info is.) I'm hoping whoever at Kscape is in charge of talking with Lionsgate and/or Sony on a regular basis could bring this to their attention!

Back