• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

The Expanse

Would love to see all seasons added/upgraded to 4K HDR/UHD as you are able to watch on prime. Should be possible sense we have gotten other prime shows in 4K HDR/UHD like Jack Ryan…

I saw this a couple of days ago. It initially listed only the first 4 seasons in this box set. Now I see they updated it to 6 seasons. I compared the 4K streaming on Prime to the HD download on K. The HD version on K looks significantly better than Prime’s 4K stream.

I don't know anything about plans for the later seasons, but let me just say: the books are fantastic.
The books are REALLY good. Although the series stayed fairly close to the books at first, the series strayed somewhat towards the end with the last year not really coming to any kind of meaningful conclusion of the story.

That was sort of my understanding as well. I haven't watched the series since it began when there were already a couple of books out that I had read, and so it felt like it would be going back over ground already covered for me. I have suggested to friends who enjoyed the series but hadn't read the books, and who felt that the series didn't have as much of a conclusion as they wanted, that they read the books, because the books certainly did arrive at a conclusion.

Incidentally, to anyone who is beginning the book series: do not miss the short stories and novellas that accompany the novels. I'm sure there's a list somewhere that spells out when those were all released. They add additional context and color in a way that enriches the experience of reading the novels that come after them.

Not having read the books I was coming in with no preconceived notions. Loved it all the way through and loved the ending. I thought it was one of the most satisfying conclusions of a series in a long time. Some things were resolved, many were not. And yet, it did not feel incomplete. It just felt like life goes on, some people continue, some do not, and life is full of unanswered questions and mysteries.

Not having read the books I was coming in with no preconceived notions. Loved it all the way through and loved the ending. I thought it was one of the most satisfying conclusions of a series in a long time. Some things were resolved, many were not. And yet, it did not feel incomplete. It just felt like life goes on, some people continue, some do not, and life is full of unanswered questions and mysteries.
Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the series, it was well done. I actually watched the series before I read any of the books. If you like to read and have the time, I still recommend anyone who enjoyed the series to read the books.. It's a great story IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the series, it was well done. I actually watched the series before I read any of the books. If you like to read and have the time, I still recommend anyone who enjoyed the series to read the books.. It's a great story IMHO.
Honestly I'm not sure I have that much time to read all the books! Maybe if I ever retire.

IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!

IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!

So good!! I am glad I held off watching these seasons on Amazon.

@MikeKobb

Season 5 is downloading only the episodes 6-10 for me. I tried both the mobile app and the webstore to re initiate the downloads but no luck so far.

Those should be fine. If you schedule it for download again, 1-5 will download and it will just skip the second half since it's already there.

Has anyone had luck downloading the early episodes? I've got it stuck on "Downloading movie guide" for a while now.

EDITED: Spoke too soon. After about 30 mins, download started.

Last edited:
Back