• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Thank You All

ExK

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for everything you've done over the years to support the work we did at Kaleidescape. The appreciation for what we were trying to accomplish was always gratifying and humbling, and the feedback valuable and insightful.

I do not know what the future portends, and have no insight to offer in that regard, but hopefully something will be worked out.

It was my sincere pleasure to lurk in this wonderful community you built.

Very humbling indeed - thanks not due to us but to you and your co-workers for building and maintaining the best movie server system ever.

I sincerely hope that someone will step in and save this wonderful product and of course that you all are able to return to work on this fabulous project.

Good luck in what ever path you take.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for everything you've done over the years to support the work we did at Kaleidescape. The appreciation for what we were trying to accomplish was always gratifying and humbling, and the feedback valuable and insightful.

I do not know what the future portends, and have no insight to offer in that regard, but hopefully something will be worked out.

As others will no doubt echo, the thanks goes to you.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. You guys were better than Apple at what you did. The hardware was stylish and worked very well. The software was even better. And the support was even better than that.

My understanding was K was at 70 employees making it all happen. That's pretty amazing, IMHO. Hopefully something happens soon and most, or all, of K is kept whole.

--Donnie

Donnie said it perfectly above.
Easily the best, most responsive company I have ever dealt with.
Great products and great people. I am so sorry it has come to this. I wish all ex K staff the very best for the future and I hope this story is not yet over for you and for us, the loyal customers.
J

Hi Everyone,

So nice of you to post that here. Others before me here in this thread have said it all better than can i, but I add my thanks and support to you and all of your colleagues at Kaleidescape. You really did make life just a little bit better for all of us. Our Kaleidescape systems seemed part of our familes rather than just devices. My kids grew up with Kaleidescape as something that brought us all together in a nice way a few times per week, and we hope the relationship can continue for a lot longer.

I hadn't really thought of that, Josh. My kids are 12 and 14 and don't really know life without Kaleidescape.

--Donnie

another lurker recently able to join the forum, I can attest to the love and care of doing what is right for the dealers and end users is on the top of some of our minds.

Ex here also, and not saying who I am, but happy to provide any help I can as things move forward. PLEASE do not send PM's or ask direct questions, but if there is a thread going I can provide a good answer to, I will.

Personally, while I have issues to resolve while no longer employed, I am more concerned with the Dealers and Customers have worked with for years and are family to me. And thank you, everyone, for all of the good feelings back on what was accomplished.

peace

Back