• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Terra Connection Failure

tcramer

I sent a note to my dealer, but figured I'd post here in the meantime as well while I wait for a response.

I have a Strato C, Strato S and Terra 22 TB server. Everything has been fine, but as of today none of the movies downloaded on the Terra were displaying. Checking my system, it appears the last connection the Terra was 3:28 pm yesterday.

Some further troubleshooting and couple reboots later, I'm concerned there may be an issue with the RJ45 port. The right green link status light is solid green, regardless if a cable is connected or not. The left connection light is not lighting up at all. I of course tried a couple different network cables into different switches and directly to the router with the same results and the IP is not visible on the network. The Terra itself does not have any other type of indications of failure, so it seems to be an issue with the connection.

Is it possible there has been a network card malfunction or has anyone ever seen something similar?

Likely this, and contacting your dealer was the best choice.

These are the troubleshooting steps K Support will have you try. You can get ahead of the process by doing these checks now and providing the answers to your dealer (or K Support).

Power cycle the Terra server (Unplug, leave unplugged for a minute, plug back in)

Once you have plugged it back in please observe the following:

- What are the lights for the front logo doing?

- Are there any alert lights on the front panel?

- What are ethernet LEDs doing where the ethernet cable is plugged in?

- Try the power button on the front to be sure.

K will need the answers to determine if the Terra needs to be replaced.

Jim

These are the troubleshooting steps K Support will have you try. You can get ahead of the process by doing these checks now and providing the answers to your dealer (or K Support).

Power cycle the Terra server (Unplug, leave unplugged for a minute, plug back in)

Once you have plugged it back in please observe the following:

- What are the lights for the front logo doing?

- Are there any alert lights on the front panel?

- What are ethernet LEDs doing where the ethernet cable is plugged in?

- Try the power button on the front to be sure.

K will need the answers to determine if the Terra needs to be replaced.

Jim

Thanks for the response - my dealer is in Europe for a few weeks so I'll be following up with K directly and this helps. Here's what I see after a power cycle.

- What are the lights for the front logo doing? - Solid blue

- Are there any alert lights on the front panel? - No

- What are ethernet LEDs doing where the ethernet cable is plugged in? - Same thing - right light is solid green regardless if a cable is plugged in and the left light is unlit.

- Try the power button on the front to be sure. - Power button does not change anything.

Only Support can confirm, but those answers indicate (to me) that the Terra probably needs to be replaced.

In your initial contact with Support let them know you already did the troubleshooting steps and give them those details.

Jim

Back