• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

temeperature of units

giri

I always find temperature of movie player is highet than terra. Is it common? For any reason if temperature goes up, does it shuts off or send alram? I have in closet and try not to close, but you never know. I don't use much second floor, is it ok to leave at 79 or 80F?

1688063655157.png

We all know heat's the enemy of electronics, so obviously not good when they overheat, BUT, as long as they are in the Green, the component is safe. If a component exceeds a programmed heat threshold it will send Alert notices to the email K has on file for that system. This can be the dealer or the owner, and if in doubt as to the email K has on file for your system you can check with Support. As a dealer, I get those Alerts for the majority of my client/friends, and I immediately call, email, or forward to them. I've received dozens of these Alerts over the years and with exception to a couple of fan failures, all the others were related to room/rack conditions.

There are too many factors to consider to be able to say what room temp is best, but I keep my equipment room in the low 70's (F). Personally, I focus on setting up the rack(s), equipment, and room to insure good ventilation, and often install ceiling exhaust fans to evacuate heat from the room. There are many CI products available to integrators (and consumers) that help eliminate heat issues. Obviously not all rooms need exhaust fans, but should at a minimum do a good job with ventilation, especially if components are in a cabinet.

Jim

I keep an close eye on my Strato and Terra because they are in a vented sideboard and not a dedicated rack (yet).

The temperature in summer is relatively stable but when I put a digital thermometer against the exhaust ports, the temperature is always about 8 to 10 degrees Centigrade cooler than the web portal suggests. A safety margin?

Picture1.jpg

My Tera server runs at about 51C per the web interface. But if I open the front panel it will drop by about 15 degrees. Is it better just to leave that door open?

Back