• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Streaming Musis service

Yetis

with all that is going on with steaming music, Tidal Nd now Meeidians new MQA technology, it would seem right that K add a streaming music function. Being as a little handheld can stream hirez, I would think such an addition would be relatively simple.

with all that is going on with steaming music, Tidal Nd now Meeidians new MQA technology, it would seem right that K add a streaming music function. Being as a little handheld can stream hirez, I would think such an addition would be relatively simple.

I too would like to see this functionality. Especially since Alto doesn't support CDs!! I love the CD option on my newly orphaned Cinema 1. Not sure why K couldn't just add the Alto as a lower tier and keep the Cinema 1 in the lineup. But I digress.

+1 for lossless audio streaming K! I've been using Tidal for a couple of weeks and its great!

I too would like to see this functionality. Especially since Alto doesn't support CDs!! I love the CD option on my newly orphaned Cinema 1. Not sure why K couldn't just add the Alto as a lower tier and keep the Cinema 1 in the lineup. But I digress.

+1 for lossless audio streaming K! I've been using Tidal for a couple of weeks and its great!

I use Tidal on my bluesound vault and its pretty cool.

Cheers

Raj

I would also vote for HRA or the equivalent download capability for the entire K ecosystem. I have some CDs on my server, but would love to be able to browse some hi-res music and download it from the Kaleidescape Store.

Rereading my post... Man I suck at thumb typing on my mobile.

Still want Tidal on K! How hard can it be? There are literally a dozen manufacturers adding it to their offering!

Given the recent relaunch and brand positioning of Tidal, I would be surprised if Tidal didn't make it to Kaleidescape at some point. Seems such an obvious extension and certainly a net positive. I would encourage anyone with a passion for music to take a look at Tidal. It's a cut about Rhapsody and Pandora for sure. Given the star power behind the setup, I imagine that more and more music will disappear from these and other sites like Spotify. If you care enough to have a K scape system, then audio quality matters to you as well, suggesting the better audio quality of Tidal will also matter to you.

http://tidal.com/us

Last edited:
I love Tidal and use it from Bluesound Audio Server. It's amazing they even soundtrack from south asian movies.

Cheers

Raj

I use it too. Sonos offers access to Tidal. I love it! Agree that K should explore it. Since Alto has no music capabilities whatsoever--ironic, given its name--Tidal would be an elegant addition. Especially if K could use the catalog feature to map one's CD collection to Tidal. That'd be really neat.

...Still want Tidal on K! How hard can it be? There are literally a dozen manufacturers adding it to their offering!

Don't trust that list of Integration Partners mentioned on the Tidal website. To get on that list all the manufacturers had to do when contacted by Tidal was say "yeah, Tidal is a good idea". Manufacturers didn't have to commit to anything to be credited with Integration Partner status.

While it might just be a promise, many have followed through. If Meridian does it, than K can do it. Their equally as stubborn and set in their way as each other...

That said, Tidal isn't crushing it right now. I am changing my request to include Roon integration at this point, which was just spun out of Meridian

Don't trust that list of Integration Partners mentioned on the Tidal website. To get on that list all the manufacturers had to do when contacted by Tidal was say "yeah, Tidal is a good idea". Manufacturers didn't have to commit to anything to be credited with Integration Partner status.

You are spreading mis-information. If you don't have facts, don't spread what you "think" is happening. I happen to be quite in the middle of the details and what you said it not even close to factual. Would have been nice to see, IMHO after your post since you don't have the facts.

You are spreading mis-information. If you don't have facts, don't spread what you "think" is happening.

What I said is entirely factual. The Chief Executive Officer of one of those companies listed as an Integration Partner told me that personally. Tidal contacted him directly, he gave no commitment other than to say Tidal was a good idea, yet his company then found itself on the list. Tidal has not provided his company with any technical insight what-so-ever on how they go about getting their products to integrate with Tidal.

It has been well documented that the roll out of Tidal has been a complete $hit show. Early days adopters got something very different than what they signed up for. I could care less who owns it, but most didn't sign up for an extended marketing platform and a fairly obvious and narrow focus of content.

Back