• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato via Wifi Range Extender/Wireless Bridge

Montucky

I'm staying at a home temporarily where the router (and my Terra server that's plugged into it) is on a different level than one of my Stratos. Since it's not my home, running cable is not an option. I was unable to get the wireless option activated on my Strato. Perhaps because it is the model without storage? So I thought I'd give the Netgear 6150 a shot since it has a supposedly gigabit ethernet port on it. Lo and behold, it actually works really well! Takes the Strato a bit more time to spool up a 4K movie than it does hard wired, but so far it's worked pretty solidly for a few weeks now!

It's perhaps not what I would suggest for a professional installation, but it's certainly worked in a pinch.

Has anybody else here had success or bothered trying to make your components work "wirelessly" like this? Is there a better way? I only spent about $60, so I'm pretty stoked. Will definitely be going back to hard wired as soon as I'm my next, more permanent home.

We don't support content playback over wireless. It's just too prone to little hiccups that cause playback problems. I'm glad you were able to make it work in your temporary situation, but I would strongly discourage anyone from doing this as part of a real installation.

We don't support content playback over wireless. It's just too prone to little hiccups that cause playback problems. I'm glad you were able to make it work in your temporary situation, but I would strongly discourage anyone from doing this as part of a real installation.

I totally agree, and I'm glad you brought this back up so I could post an update. While the setup initially worked great, since then it's had a few hiccups. Occasionally it will drop its connection, and then come back a minute later. Sometimes it works great. Either way, it's probably about all I can do with our temporary housing situation, BUT I wouldn't recommend it for a reliable setup. It was fun to try out, see what was possible, and it works for the most part, but yeah, Mike's right. Not recommended.

Back