• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato Question

BigHat

Any tips on how I can get cover art on me K-cape iPad or computer? Only movie info I'm seeing is a list. My Premiere system is working as advertised. Getting ready to pair them when my Co-Star arrives and trying to resolve all the pending issues beforehand.

Thank you!!

Last edited:
Are you talking about getting the cover art view in the K iPad app? If so, open the app. You should then see 4 little boxes in the top center of the screen. Pick this and it converts the cover art view.

John

Thank you John.

As I have used the app for a long time with Premiere gear, I see and use that cover art/list toggle all the time.

Maybe I have screwed up the set up of my Strato and Terra, as I just plugged them into the switch. They work, but I have this message and a different set of displays when using the iPad app.

When I access my Premiere gear and go to the GENERAL page this message is under the advanced settings section and is: You have multiple Kaleidescape Systems running on the same network subnet. It is highly recommended that you change the system URL for each system so that you can refer to them individually.

Using the iPad app for the Premiere I get the full menu display: Home, Movies, Music, Disc Vaults, etc.

When I use the app with the Strato I just get a message that references the Terra (maybe the problem) and just offers Movies, History and Settings.

This help?

Edit: If I disconnect the Terra, the Strato comes up as the system, but the menu is the same as the Terra (not the same as the 3U and not the same menu stucture or cover art option). All the on screen menus work and are the same for the new and legacy equipment.

Last edited:
Got it. You are talking about the browser interface. Interestingly enough, I have the exact same warning on the "system URL" That I have never noticed this before. I think this only matters if you are using this name to access the system through a web browser. I use the IP addresses directly to get to the K browser interface so have never seen a problem with this. I assume that you can change the name of the system URL to avoid a conflict between the Premiere and Strato/Terra system.

I hope this helps.

John

Got it. You are talking about the browser interface. Interestingly enough, I have the exact same warning on the "system URL" That I have never noticed this before. I think this only matters if you are using this name to access the system through a web browser. I use the IP addresses directly to get to the K browser interface so have never seen a problem with this. I assume that you can change the name of the system URL to avoid a conflict between the Premiere and Strato/Terra system.

I hope this helps.

John

Hi John,
Thanks for the info. Unsure how to change the system URL for the Strato. Premiere is shown as "Living Room" and system URL of "my-kaleidescape." As noted about, I don't have full menu on the Strato / Terra menu to change that currently. When looking at one system on the intranet page, at the top of the page is the select "View Another System" option. When the other system comes up it's labeled properly, but the one I just left is listed as "Unnamed System." I also use the IP address directly to get to the Premiere system app page and then select the "View Another System" to get to the Strato. Think the problem I'm having revolves around this somehow. I was thinking about assigning a static IP to the Strato using the dynamically assigned one that works. Think that would be okay? Unsure what to enter in all the other setting boxes though. By the way, when I change the URL on the Premiere to something different than "my-kaleidescape" the warning message noted above goes away, but the problem of a limited menu and no cover art remains on the Strato.

Time to do some additional reading on networks or maybe write K next week.

Last edited:
I think you can just type a new name in the "Systen URL" box right where the error message is. You then use this name in the future to access this system in the browser. I would jot down the IP address of the Premiere server just in case.

John

I may just uninstall the entire new system and maybe when I add it again, I can hope to get it right. I was so happy to get the gear the first time I just connected it do the switch and as I had enough functionality to watch movies I was happy. It's making sure the Co-Star works when it arrives prompted this "housekeeping" effort.

Thanks again John. By the time I get this squared away, maybe I'll be able to advise others.

I have two Stratos and two switches installed and it they are working perfectly with my 3U server even with the error message that you have. I understand however wanting to wait until the switches arrive to make sure that you don't mess anything up.

Good luck!

John

I have two Stratos and two switches installed and it they are working perfectly with my 3U server even with the error message that you have. I understand however wanting to wait until the switches arrive to make sure that you don't mess anything up.

Good luck!

John

Thanks John,

I appreciate you helping me!

Matt

Back