• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato Can’t be found

K-Addicted

I recently installed a Unifi Dream Machine Pro which is a gateway by Ubiquiti. Now my Strato isn’t working. I didn’t add any firewalls or special rules so not sure why its not connecting. I have a suspicion it might be the costar, but find it suspicious it would go bad at the same time I installed new networking equipment. Any advice on the networking side I may be missing? Or perhaps can you show a pic on what lights I SHOULD have on, on the costar. Paired with an Alto. TIA

You just installed a new firewall and router into your network. That can cause all sorts of problems depending on what else in already on the network. For example, if you are using some kind of box from FIOS or your cable company, these are generally set up as routers. if this is the case the new router just split your network in two. Anything connected to the Unifi will be able to connect to each other but won’t connect to anything that is connected into the FIOS box. If you can provide more information on your overall network setup, it will be easier to pinpoint where the likely problem is.

You just installed a new firewall and router into your network. That can cause all sorts of problems depending on what else in already on the network. For example, if you are using some kind of box from FIOS or your cable company, these are generally set up as routers. if this is the case the new router just split your network in two. Anything connected to the Unifi will be able to connect to each other but won’t connect to anything that is connected into the FIOS box. If you can provide more information on your overall network setup, it will be easier to pinpoint where the likely problem is.
I was already using a cloud key gen2 plus in the unifi ecosystem. Everything was working fine. Replaced the cloud key with the UDMP, and the problem started. I know it has to do with the new UDMP, but not sure what to update or change. My Alto is on the same network and looks like it is fine, as it’s the one actively searching for the paired Strato. My ISP provided gateway/router is through AT&T. From the ISP, I have a cable running directly into the UDMP.

As others have suggested the network changes could be the issue. Do you know if the Strato and Alto are on the same subnet as determined by the IP addresses for the Alto and Strato? Prior to your upgrade to the UDM, do you know what was acting as the DHCP server on your network? Or do you use manual static IP address assignments?

Just a guess, but if the UDM is now taking over DHCP and handing out IP addresses on a different subnet, that could be causing issues if your Strato was configured to a static IP that's now on a different subnet from the UDM and Alto. If you can share the IP addresses being assigned to the Stato and Alto along with whether they're setup for DHCP, that could help with further troubleshooting.

Back