• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato C Power

kimg1453

I'm new to Kaleidescape and have one remaining question for seasoned owners.

I understand the need and recommendation to leave the Terra Prime Server powered on. Is there a reason to also leave the Strato C powered on all the time if not in use? I realize there is Stand by, but if not using it for a prolonged period due to using other sources in my system, is there really any need?

I guess part of that would depend on (1) what else you have in the chain and whether things will get mucked from having the Strato be slower to respond and (2) how you plan to interface with it, because the system may not respond normally - like the discussion about curtailing libraries in Second Screen due to not having accurate capabilities - when the player isn't on.

Thanks for the information. I'll go ahead and allow the Strato C to be in Standby when not in use, but I'll turn it off if using one of my Blu-ray players since everything Video wise is going through a Lumagen Radiance Pro to my projector and it's suggested to do that to avoid any cross contamination issues with the HDMI connections.

Back