• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Strato C continuous reboot

Gui0312

I’ve been trying to watch a movie (the black phone) the past two nights and the Strato C after a bit of playing just reboots, and continues on this cycle going through different resolutions it seems 1280x720, 1920x1080, 3840x2160 etc each time with the Kaleidescape logo stating please wait. I just got this system, picture and sound are amazing but…

The terra seems to stay on no problem, also, different from yesterday, it showed an ”unable to read’ or “trouble reading movie” I can’t remember exactly, but it started playing again until about half way through the movie it rebooted again.

any tips?

Updates:

- Changed the “Select Video Ouput Behavior” to “Allow display mode changes”
- Changed OSD Refresh Rate to “Do not change display mode after playback
*these two things didn’t fix the issue. Still had reboot

- Changed 4K Ultra HDMI Support to “Limit output to 13.5 Gbps
*No reboot, however, I did get messages on the screen with the video cutting out like 4-5 times before it stopped. The error message read ”Secure connection to display restored; resuming playback”

Also I left my Strato C on last night after I gave up trying to finish the movie and I noticed the next morning/afternoon, the light still appeared to be on. When I attempted to watch the movie today, it looked “off” and would not power back up or wake by using the app with the remote on my iPad/iphone. I had to manually press the button in the front of the unit. Is this normal practice? Does it need to have the button pressed manually to wake?

Temps are also staying around the 58-61C levels

Attachments

• 35D4EB64-8C13-4C17-B0D8-E933820B09DA.jpeg
    35D4EB64-8C13-4C17-B0D8-E933820B09DA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
I strongly suggest that you request support from your dealer. Something is definitely not right. The messages you're getting with the player set to 13.5Gbps HDMI suggest issues with the HDMI connection. It may be that the HDMI issue is contributing to the crashing that you're experiencing (which shouldn't happen even with HDMI problems, but it may be causing unusual activity in the video output system that may have exposed a bug).

Sounds like a HDMI cable problem, did you try reseating the HDMI cable or better yet try a different one?
I’ve switched through 4 different HDMI cables. Shielded, fiber optic, copper AQ, and lastly a RuiPro 8K. There is an audible sort-of electrical high frequency sound coming from it though, not sure if that’s the norm, however tonight just before it froze again it seemed to have become a bit more pronounced right before. I noticed because I was grabbing a remote from table it was sitting on.

Jim is working on it now with K. Hopefully we’ll be up and running soon.

Back